What do you think about SCCY CPX-1

I have been thinking about getting a CPX-1. does anyone know anything good or bad about it?

2 Likes

I’ve read that the CPX-1 has a very heavy trigger and also that the models with the manual safeties bother some people because the safety can rub against the hand during recoil.

I’ve also read that their new but very similar and only a little more expensive DVG-1 has a much better trigger.

4 Likes

Happy anniversary @leo23 ! I don’t know about the CPX-1, but my wife bought a CPX-2. The trigger is very heavy IMO, and her’s is pretty much a single shot. The slide locks back near every round… Clean gun, multiple shooters, different mags, new slide lock…no new ideas from SCCY. I will say that their CS is great, though. I also had someone come into the shop with the same model, same issues. Told them what I tried, and to give it a shot… never heard back. There’s people out there that have great experiences with them, but that’s mine.

7 Likes

I took a course with another guy who had one…and it sucked.

5 Likes

Call around and find a range that has one for rent. Go test fire it. Also ask the range gunsmith to see the maintenance log. Spend a little money up from to save money and headaches later on.

7 Likes

@Levi2
It’s @leo23 Birthday not anniversary. Full cake is B-Day slice of cake is Anniversary.

7 Likes

Oops, my bad. Happy birthday! I’m living in the wrong month. Thanks @Johnnyq60 :blush:

4 Likes

Your welcome my brother @Levi2

2 Likes

I don’t know much about it. I probably won’t, too many long, long proven and well priced plus SUPER well supported by the market (holsters, mags, sights, etc) options out there IMO to interest me in something like that, personally

Glock, Smith and Wesson, CZ, H&K, even Beretta, FNH…so many stout options out there. Sig too.

5 Likes

Canik is in that list IMO, and while the price is a little higher, it’s still within $150. I’d definitely trust a canik over SCCY, given my experience. Again, experiences may vary, so don’t anyone with a reliable SCCY get offended.

7 Likes

I have not owned one, but haven’t heard many good reviews of any SCCY handgun. For that price point ( or slightly more), I would recommend the Ruger EC9S, or the Taurus G3C. I’ve shot both of these, and they are pretty solid. I’ve also seen some sales on the Taurus GX4, which is also good, and a bit smaller than the G3C.

7 Likes

Own one, no issues however I don’t care for the trigger wound rather use a revolver…perhaps the new dvg is better than the hammer fired ones…

5 Likes

I agree I would consider a Canik despite having no interest whatsoever in SCCY. But, I don’t think canik belongs in the same group as the likes of Glock, S&W, H&K, etc. Maybe some day some decace, not yet, due to the number of different models/sizes/options within the ‘family’ and the industry support/etc…but that doesnt’ seem to be for lack of quality and reliability of the canik just their relative newness and smaller size of offerings

5 Likes

Taurus gets pretty consistently good reviews for the G2C and G3C. If trying to save a few bucks on the gun I’d go for a used Glock as my personal recommendation but I wouldn’t veto a new Taurus either (or a new Canik)

9 Likes

Taurus is always having a rebate or sale, price wise a good deal, warranted forever like the sccy. Canik is a deal, price is higher. However you get a lot for your buck. Including a very good trigger. Lots of Glocks being turned in by Leo’s, perhaps a good buy.

4 Likes

The only thing wrong with the Canik is the perception. Otherwise, it continues to show its worth.

3 Likes

The only thing I did not like about my TP9SFX is it felt too light, I’m used to some heft. May I will checkout the Rival-S when it hits the shelves.

3 Likes

Perhaps a heavier guide rod would do the trick.

2 Likes

Please tell me about the perception as I don’t understand

A lot of people feel they are unproven and new. There’s also the thought that you get what you pay for, and until recently caniks were on the cheap end of firearms. They are still kind of low for what you get, but they are slowly increasing the cost. Similar to one of the reasons people don’t like hipoints, I think.

3 Likes