What companies are for gun control?

I see Walgreens on the list but I know there were not any “no weapons” signs posted at my local store. I have to go there later today and will do another visual check and reply to this post with my observation.

I can confirm about the Madison area Buffalo Wild Wings. They told a group of off duty police officers to leave because they were armed (they were not drinking, they were out eating with their families). This to me is an extra reason to go someplace else.

2 Likes

Walgreens has a policy against employees carrying firearms. I believe BWW leaves it up to the store. The BDubs closest to me, do not have “the sticker” on their doors.

They kicked out police officers? Dang! I’m not a huge fan of Buffalo Wild Wings gunfree zone, but kicking out police officers is over the top. :confused:

3 Likes

Unless they change their policies I will never set foot inside a BWW again.

I did confirm there are no signs posted at my local Walgreens store. If they ever do I will change pharmacies.

1 Like

Ouch thanks for the info

@KillJoy we just wait until the DVDs come out. Saves on my don’t-like-crowds nerves as well.
@Dawn ditto on the Jo-Ann’s, guess Michael’s will be getting my money from here out.
so here’s my trade-outs:
Outback → I’ll miss them but Texas Roadhouse has bigger steaks for the same money
Sprouts AND Whole Foods? well DANG it. gonna have to look for local mom-and-pop alternatives
@Dawn - I’ll give up Costco if you give up Target :wink:
The rest of them weren’t getting my money anyway, but maybe I’ll drop them a note to tell them why.

:scream: WTHeck? Did they hang out the “Rob Us Please!” sign too?
You’d think if we learned ANYTHING from donut shops it would be “If you appreciate cops by giving them food, you’re a heck of a lot safer.”

1 Like

I have not seen this, but what I did see was them refuse to take the check from an active duty marine, just transferred to the local base, because it was an out-of-area checking account. Seriously ticked off a bunch of people in line, but no one doing much except looking cross. I said “here, I’ll pay the bill and you can write me a check, my husband and I appreciate your service and your credit is good with me.”
Somehow I don’t think I ever figured out how to deposit that check. it’s probably still floating around in my wallet :wink:
Last time I was ever in a walgreens. Called them and told them so too.

4 Likes

Well, Walgreens is run out of Deerfield, Illinois. The same Deerfield that just had their “assault weapons ban” struck down in court. I should know, the address is on my pay stub.

1 Like

While I was in the Army I experienced the “not a local check” issue more than once. Thank you so much for supporting him/her that way.

On a funny side note; While I was in stationed in Germany I could go to one of the local banks and cash a stateside check from my bank account in Wisconsin. The reason I find this funny is we were 73 American soldiers (including Officers) stationed on a German army base. The nearest American military base was a little over 30 miles away.

1 Like

Need to add Outback steakhouse to the list of not wanting guns in their facility. I think it was somewhere here in the south a Wildlife conservation agent went into one wearing his gun with his uniform on and they told him no guns allowed.

That was here in Tennessee. Big stink, was kind of close to me.

Screenshot_20190331-200234_Chrome

Screenshot_20190331-200905_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-200918_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-200926_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-200935_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-200944_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-200952_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-201000_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-201009_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-201020_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-201032_Chrome Screenshot_20190331-201042_Chrome

I haven’t been to Target in a couple of weeks! (More too busy than actively avoiding it.) I have chosen Walmart and Meijer lately when I have to stop and pick something up on the way home. :wink:

Time to wean yourself off Costco, @Zee?

1 Like

@Dawn I absolutely love Meijer and so wish they would move to Middle Tennessee area, because Walmart would never get any of my business again!!

Meijer has been “invading” Wisconsin over the last 5-ish years. Now there are three on my way home! (I live an hour from the USCCA Headquarters.)

@Dawn the closest Meijer to me is Bowling Green KY which is almost 2 hours from the house.

That would be a bit of a drive to pick up kitty litter and laundry detergent, @Damon!

Ah dangit. @Dawn. yep. sucking it up here and finding other choices. < sigh >

1 Like