What are you reading?

CPTED (Crime Prevention through Environmental Design) and Traditional Security Countermeasures. Lawrence J. Fennelly/Marianna A. Perry available through CRC Press
Soft Target Hardening. Dr. Jennifer Hesterman also available through CRC Press.

1 Like

Before there was Conan there was Kull the Conqueror by Robert E Howard…(The Solomon Kane series is pretty good to)

1 Like

Just finished re-reading Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse.

2 Likes

Completed reading The Days of Noah series, The Days of Elijah series, and 7 Cows Ugly and Gaunt series all by Mark Goodwin. Lots of post apocalyptic “Armageddon Theory” tied to the Bible. Mark quotes plenty of Bible versus… I have a “thief-in-the-night” perspective from my studies. He does have some good character development and plenty of motivation for fence-sitters. Actually, some good prepper clues but gun-facts are sketchy. Ava’s Crucible series is still his best work.

1 Like

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth by Jeff Cooper
The Rough Riders by Theodore Roosevelt

4 Likes

If you haven’t yet read Theo. Roosevelt in the Badlands, I really enjoyed the book. It’s a real life wild west story that’s very worthy of your time.

3 Likes

The USCCA forums right now. :innocent:

5 Likes

The Wright Brothers and 1776 by David McCullough are some of the greatest books I’ve ever read. He had a plethora of history related books about various American icons and heroes so I suggest any of his books. But you definitely need to start them off with either The Wright Brothers or 1776!

2 Likes

My new book arrives today.

4 Likes

I just ordered yours and Watchman’s suggestions…been wanting to read about teddy for a while now!!!

3 Likes

I am reading Fortitude by Dan Crenshaw. It’s crazy how his points on life are so relevant to what is currently going on around us.

3 Likes

I am currently reading “To hell and back” by Audie Murphy.

3 Likes

The Closing Of The American Mind
By Allan Bloom

2 Likes

(drum and a cymbal fall off a cliff)

HA!!! I saw what ya did there

1 Like

great book

3 Likes

I may be reviving an old thread, but I wanted to tell you about the book that I just finished reading. “Wild at Heart” by John Eldredge. It has Christian elements, but it’s really a great book about masculinity. I feel that healthy masculinity has really taken a hit in our society and that it seems almost a shame for a man to be manly.

This is a book that every man should read no matter where you are with your faith or spirituality. It’s similar to “Iron John” except without all the strange examples from mythology, and vague explanations to what they mean.

It’s very well written, and if you get the audio version, it is narrated by the author which is really nice. You can feel the passion that he has in his voice as he tells his story.

5 Likes

Excellent book. Highly recommended.

5 Likes

Just finished this:

and this:

Now reading:

Good thing I have Kindle Prime.

2 Likes

I read for fun mostly, other than posting (I do try to use citations and facts, silly I know).

But I am reading some John Ringo & Chris Bunch

2 Likes

I just started “JOURNAL OF A MOUNTAIN MAN” by James Clyman. Born in 1790 and saw the opening of the west. :+1:

2 Likes