West Virginia - tax free ammo

Is it true?

"Starting July 1, 2021, all small firearms and ammunition bought in West Virginia will no longer contain a sales tax"
(WOWK-TV)

7 Likes

Read it here, also links to state sites. :us:

1 Like

Thx @BRUCE26 ā€¦
Iā€™m not moving thereā€¦ but Iā€™m going to hum the song for a while

" Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, growinā€™ like a breeze

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, country roadsā€¦"

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Love that song. :smiley:

3 Likes

yeah, and yet another reason W VA is high on my list for Septembers road trip in search of a retirement home in a free stateā€¦part deux :stuck_out_tongue:
Itā€™s not the tax per se, itā€™s what it says about their government. We got a dipstick in CT who tried getting a 50%, then 35% ammo tax put inā€¦'cuz, you know, we should be punished for the drive bys.

2 Likes

Love my semi rural southern new england locale, but as my son said after his last road trip ā€œWest Virginia made me realize I donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ to move out west.ā€

3 Likes
1 Like

I love this version:

1 Like

@mattm Have you seen that West Virginia is paying people to move into the state? They are offering $12k and assorted other benefits. There are a handful of cities theyā€™ve picked as part of the program. IIRC its funded by a WV entrepeneur.

1 Like

Appreciate the link, Harvey. I recall VT doing that some years back. I seem to be retired, but my son works remotely, and I just messaged your link to himā€¦ ā€¦
Editā€¦he just texted back ā€œawesomeā€ :+1:

1 Like

ā€¦ and now, my son just messaged a :+1: back to me.He took the pic I posted above, and sent it to me while I was on 75 near Knoxville doing 70 in the motorhomeā€¦I recall texting back ā€œyou winā€.:laughing:

Iā€™m in New Hampshire. We donā€™t got no stinking sales tax. Constitutional carry, too!!

1 Like

yeah, but between you and meā€¦massachusetts :skull_and_crossbones:

Thing that kills me about the northeastā€¦RI/NY/MA/NJ/CT all small states w/o reciprocity,no easy way to get an out of state permit , ridiculously expensive if you can, and all pretty much anti 2Aā€¦

Too true. Iā€™m lucky. NH CCWs can carry in Maine and VT. So far, weā€™re 3 small bastions of freedom surrounded by opposing forces. Makes me wonder if that has something to do with our relatively low crime rates.

Miss not being in my home state more.

Beautiful in the fall when the leaver start to turn.

1 Like