ammo purchase

So the other night I said to my Mrs, who won’t even touch a firearm. “instead of taking away are guns, the libs will try and take away our ammo buying options in some way” She said “you should buy more” So I immediately purchased 300 rounds.

27 Likes

The Mrs. is always right… especially when I agree with her. :wink:

13 Likes

And now @Joseph161 is a HAPPY @Joseph161 :metal:

A 2021-11-04 10-36-06

8 Likes

Just remember that next week, the week after, and the one after that. I figured taxation would be the issue back in 2016, and planned accordingly.
The taxation didn’t occur, but the slowdown/ price increase sure did, along with an unplanned early retirement, and it’s sweet having my club days paid in advance for the foreseeable future ammo wise.

2 Likes

I tried that, after taken an inventory of my stuff. Told her I was short on 3 or 4 types. She said “Oh, better not take that one at the range…”. I guess I need to take a little different approach. :thinking:

4 Likes

But the Libs have managed to create a shortage and increase prices where those 300 rounds could have bought 1,000 in January of 2020!

14 Likes

Which brings me to an anecdotal question, once all of those containers on all of those ships get unloaded and delivered, certainly many have ammo in them, can we expect the prices to come down?

2 Likes

Consider the universal approach: Take her out dancing and/or offer to pay for her and one of her lady friends to attend a local day spa. When push comes to shove, offer to take her to the opera.

2 Likes

AN OPERA??? I have my limits. OK, I’ll go but only for ammo…

2 Likes

True, but I got these for $17.50 a box for 9mm . Lowest price I’ve seen in awhile.

2 Likes

@Mike164 an opera is not necessarily fat viking maidens screeching at the top of their lungs. If that is one of her push buttons, take her. Better yet take her and her best friend (who can’t get hubby to go). You will be a man with two women on your arms and if your lucky you will enjoy the show. The dividends are certainly worth it IMHE. I got MONSTER “Awesome hubby” brownie points for months as the story spread, even got to take two more good looking nurses to the opera along with my good looking wife which perpetuated the brownie points. In the end I think I was + 3 guns, half of the tools in my shop and a truck.

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

I like fat Viking Maidens and British Pub wenches

7 Likes

I actually did that a while back. I took R and her friend to a Rod Stewart concert. Not the best concert I’ve been to but certainly not a bad show.

1 Like

@Joseph161 Saucy British pub wenches are hard to find unless you go to Rosie Rump’s Irish Dump (kind of a audience involved dinner show) where you are constantly accused of staring at the wenches “Spoon” (they all had a wooden cooking spoon in their cleavage). Never met a fat Viking but I’m sure they can be found.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Reminds me of my wife who was on the fence until last year’s riots. She reminded me not to leave home without my CCW.

5 Likes

My wife takes care of our finances. She has taken my Glock 26 away from me & claims that it is hers & allows us 500 9mm rounds and 250 45apc rounds monthly. I go to the range twice monthly & she goes once a month with me. I have never been so in love with a woman in my life

12 Likes

On making sure you’re stocked up. I learned from my mistakes a couple of shortages ago. Now I budget a certain amount of money and purchase ammo on a regular basis regardless of the price. I added reloading components to that more recently. Some days I’m able to buy 500 rounds :grin:, some days it’s only 1 primer :cry:, but it all adds up. The average cost per round over time is going to be less than pandemic pricing.

The past 2 years did not affect my training or trips to the range using live rounds. Even been able to help out a couple of buddies with ammo.

1 Like

NO. Prices will not come down on ammo or anything else.

newly weds?

Allow me to introduce myself; one fat Viking, at your service!

3 Likes