Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Guess I never came to this thread. That’s about right. Jump right in and don’t worry about being rude, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always liked guns, but never had one until fairly recently. Joined the USCCA almost immediately. When I went through the training New Mexico requires for a Concealed Carry Permit, I kept messing up, because I was going further through a fire from the hip then back up sequence than the instructor wanted because I’d seen on a USCCA training video and been practicing.

Not long after that, I had a dream (nightmare, really) about a bad shoot on a person who had ceased to be a threat. Kevin Michalowski saw me, and I was so horrified that I woke up.

4 Likes

Glad you’re finally introducing yourself, @LordDeinonychus! :smiley:

Don’t worry about being rude for jumping in, but don’t purposefully be rude. :stuck_out_tongue:

@KevinM would be disappointed if you shot someone who had ceased being a threat. :frowning:

2 Likes

You’re telling me. It was a dream and I still felt it in my gut. I did take instruction from it though, and resolved to focus on getting shoot/don’t shoot decisions right. I can’t think of anything worse than murdering someone by mistake.

2 Likes

Technically it is not murder if it is done by mistake, it is negligent homicide. Murder includes the element of intent. Just saying.

4 Likes

I am now appearing in people’s dreams… my work here is done! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No it is NOT

4 Likes

Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Thank you sir

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m also going to try and recruit more members, what you are doing on this site is amazing

3 Likes

So glad you like it, @Roland2! The Community is an awesome group of people with a very similar goal - education and training to be able to best defend themselves and their loved ones.

Sharing experiences is a great way to learn from others - and form tight bonds. And the respect, humility, and knowledge of everyone here impresses me on a daily basis.

I am truly blessed to be able to work with this Community!

4 Likes

I am Debra. I shot my first .22 rifle at summer camp as a young kid, and have shot on and off most of my life. My husband wanted us to get our concealed carry permits back in 2009, because of all of the Church shootings that were taking place at the time. To make a long story short we now have a brick and mortar gun store, and the following credentials…NRA Certified Instructor Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim, Personal Protection In The Home, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, USCCA Certified Instructor & Training Counselor, USCCA Countering The Mass Shooter Treat Instructor, Certified North Carolina Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor. And just upgraded to Elite USCCA Membership. GLAD TO BE HERE!

7 Likes

Jeanne here from Las Vegas.

3 Likes

Welcome @Jeanne and @Debra_A! Glad to have you both here!

2 Likes

Viva Las Vegas :notes::notes::notes:

WELCOME
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My mother lives just south of McCarran.

Welcome to the community, when you see something you like jump on in we dont bite (normally anyway).:grin:

3 Likes

Sean from the Chicago burbs. Nice to be aboard.

4 Likes

Hello @Sean7 welcome to you. I’m from Lisle, originally from Chicago South Side many years ago

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Sean7. I’m about 6 hours south of you.

2 Likes

Living behind "enemy lines"myself. Happily I’m in San Bernardino County where the Sheriff is a believer in CCW. Both my sons have their permits. My son drove to AZ yesterday. He texted me “Dad I had this feeling of freedom rush over me as I crossed the Colorado into AZ.” Made me laugh.

5 Likes

Hello my name Joshua and I’m new to the community and to the USCCA member

4 Likes