Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello my name Joshua and I’m new to the community and to the USCCA member

4 Likes

Welcome Joshua happy you’re here

3 Likes

Thanks happy to see a big community of people and professionals

2 Likes

@amero
I am a doj certified ccw trainer and a active shooter trainer.
I recognize that there is no logic in this conversation. So factually California has prevented 10.000 felons and persons who have restraining orders for domestic violence from buying legal weapons. The pool is the ten day waiting period allows one to cool down.
IF Nevada had the same laws as California the Gilroy murderer would not have been able to get his weapon legally.
I agree that there is no perfect system and as long as people want to kill or commit suicide they will find a way to get a weapons.
But to allow a person who is not mentally competent to manage his business and affair to buy a weapon is insanity

3 Likes

Wow, I thought Illinois was a long waiting time aka “Cooling off Period” We have 72 hours; Three days and according to the law not an hour before.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Lonnie from Ohio got my conceal carry permit. Wasn’t that hard to get. My ccw is a s&w sd9ve.

3 Likes

I am Steven J Ybarra JD ESQ RETIRED a licensed Doj Ccw instructor who has been training for years.
I have trained law enforcement in the area of work place violence and domestic violence.
The first question I ask is “are you ready to take a life?” if the answer is no, then I tell them you are not ready to carry.
My course 16 hours of study and two days of shooting of 100 rounds per day.
It includes take down and clean up of the weapon.
This is an entry level course. If you are not receiving this minimum you should not carry.

3 Likes

Thank you hi my name is Nelson from PA.

3 Likes

Hello, I’a a Vietnam Veteran (US Army Airborne), former EMT and currently an EMS Dispatcher. I have carried one way or another for 20+ years and joined USCCA a year prior to obtaining my Wisconsin Concealed Carry License. My EDC is a Springfield Armory Compact .45 ACP 4’ barrel, I also have a couple of other 1911 45s. I use Hornady Critical Defense & Critical Duty ammo. I have been active in the pro 2A and Gun Rights Movement for some 30 odd years. With the way things are going in the U.S.A. currently, I believe that Self Defense and Group Defense will become more and more critical.

7 Likes

Welcome @Thomas53, and thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Hello. My wife and I are new to the community. We have both held concealed weapons permit’s in various states throughout our lives. I am a former law-enforcement officer, intelligence officer, and corporate security chief. I’ve had training in firearms since the age of 21. Now that my wife and I are retired, we’re going to the range at least once a week, to keep up with our skills and training. Thanks for a great forum and we’re excited to be members of the USCCA community!!

3 Likes

Hello, my wife and I joined the community a couple months ago. I carry everyday with a CHL and my wife carries a TASER Pulse +. I am active duty in the USAF. Looking forward to get to know ya’ll in various topics discussed on this form.

2 Likes

Ex Navy, Navy Reserve and Wyoming Nat. Guard. 16 years total with 4 years with Wyoming state DOC as a Max unit Officer and later a private investigator. My wife and I just updated to elite after being Platinum for a little over a year. Are there any USCCA sanctioned trainers in the Rapid City South Dakota area? Thanks for every ones commitment.

2 Likes

@Thomas53 Hi Thomas, welcome here. I’m a Vietnam vet US Army. I’m retired Funeral Director/Embalmer, We’re all happy to have you and your wife here. @Zee Husband is also a VNV. and there’s people here from US Navy vets, Air Force, Coast Guard, not exactly sure about Marines? we’re happy to have you just pick out a subject and start talking.

3 Likes

Hi @Thomas53, you are definitely in good company here. @Robert8 has it correctly, my husband was Special Forces in Vietnam. And we’ve got a surprisingly high number of women here as well. Hope you will both find a conversation and jump in :grin:

@Lester, what part of Wyoming? when I was in college my first husband and I spent a lot of time in Cheyenne
Here are some classes when I search on Rapid City, doesn’t look like any in the immediate area, but some may work for you.

https://training.usconcealedcarry.com/search/?lat=44.0812&lng=-103.228&p=0&q=Rapid%20City%2C%20South%20Dakota&rad=50

here are some instructors in South Dakota:

https://training.usconcealedcarry.com/instructor-search?certification=&states=

you can adjust your search on either of those links to tune the area. Hopefully that’ll help you get started.

@TXLivin and @Lester, and the other vets and active duty folks I missed in the last week or two, from our military family to you and yours, Thank You for your service.
Welcome!

1 Like

Hello to everyone. Pretty new to the USCCA and very excited to the journey ahead of me. Looking for lots of help from everyone here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Ex military, Pro 2A, open to debate almost anything. I firmly believe in the Constitution , in its entirety, not just what benefits me. All of it, to me it is a living and breathing document.

5 Likes

Welcome @James47 jump in and ask anything you want to know. Lots of threads with tons of information!
@Zavier_D you’re in good company here on both counts, and thank you for serving.

2 Likes

I met a couple of new people while I was waiting for some paperwork. They were new to CC so I asked them if they had heard about the USCCA (as I pointed at my shirt).

I gave them both a brief explanation of what it was and told them there is no cost to check it out and at the very least they should joint the community for some great conversations and information in a safe non threatening environment.

I think we will have some new members soon :wink:

5 Likes