Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

My name is Chuck, I am a retired educator and shooting and teaching about guns and gun safety are my hobby now. It is great when I can guide a new purchaser to a gun that fits them and they can shoot. Then taking them through the care and use of the weapon. Watching them go from where did the bullet go to putting them on paper in a good pattern is very gratifying.
Hello to ya’ll from SC.

7 Likes

Welcome @Charles1, glad you’re here! We can always use more teachers.

2 Likes

Welcome @Charles1,

If you like being an educator we love to learn new things especially about firearms and self-defense. On the other hand, we have a lot of information if you are looking to learn something new. So, find a Category or Topic and dive right in. If you can’t find what you are looking for you can always start a new Topic and maybe someone else would be interested in checking it out. Glad you found your way here.

3 Likes

Welcome Ken, my wife travels up to the Seattle area often and will be there at the end of this month on business as part of her region. I’ve never been but she loves going to your state. I hope things work out sooner than later. I’m confident it will work out for you all.

4 Likes

Hello Roger1 welcome to the community

3 Likes

Hello Dave, welcome to the community. What part of AZ are you looking to move to? We were just at Lake Havasu visiting family. I really like AZ, and if we were to move we’d go there as well.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Charles_R, @Gary-A, and @Charles1! Glad to have you all here!!

4 Likes

Thank you William.

Dave

3 Likes

The initial permit was almost a year due to so many people applying. Renewal was least than two months.

Dave

3 Likes

Hi Kenny,

My wife and I are relocating to the Pronghorn Ranch area of Prescott Valley. We purchased a home in the sub division in October and it will be finished the end of this month. Looking forward to living in AZ.

Dave

6 Likes

My name is LAURENCE YAKLICH, I am a disabled USMC VETERAN, I have been hunting & shooting since I was 13. Served 8 years in the Corps, have 3 daughters who when they were 2, 4, 6 started teaching them gun safety.
my youngest didn’t shoot until she was 4. but every time we went to the gun club we always did gun safety first and then made sure everything was unloaded…which I did before hand. When Brandy was 16, I got a call one night about 11pm and she thanked me, I was thinking she got drunk and needed a ride home to her mother’s, but she told me that a gun came out that was supposedly unloaded! she took the pistol and unloaded the chambered round… she was thanking me for teaching her gun safety. I had told my ex-wife I didn’t care if they ever shot, but needed to know safety. I still do a lot of reading about safety and some hunting/range accidents, my current wife of 23+ years was a reserve police officer… she goes hunting with me in case I need help. About concealed carry, we were threatened at a Denny’s after asking management to have a motorcycle move out of the handicapped loading. THEY GOT ARRESTED for threatening me, not paying their bill and outstanding warrents…Dumb, they came after us when we left the Denny’s, and parked across the street, since then, I always have loaded firearms in the house and I got the ccw, my wife works graveyard at Denver Cares detox and gets threatened at least 6 times a week… I will protect her and my family with my life, if necessary! Each year I hurt more (left above knee amputee, and 43 surgeries) but we go to the mountains almost every weekend to picnic, shoot, fish, or to just get out of Denver.

It never hurts to re-read safety stuff, a friend told me their grandson was trying to shoo the squirrels out of their yard (teenager), and thought he would shoot his EB gun, shot the neighbors sliding glass door,… Betty paid to get it replaced, the kids father worked with department of corrections… I am glad I taught my kids, remember you need to know what is beyond your target!

10 Likes

Welcome @larry3, glad you’re here, and thank you for your service :purple_heart:
I can’t imagine working in a place where I was threatened daily, your wife must be one tough cookie. I lived in Denver for quite a while, I don’t remember it being that tough a place.

2 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA Community @LARRY3,

We are a very friendly community full of information, and we always crave more information. Our members here come from all walks of life, many veterans including myself (US Navy 1980-84 and Disabled), Former Law Enforcement, Teachers and more.

Find a Topic and dive right in. It seems from your introduction you have a lot of knowledge in Firearms Safety. We also have Non-Firearms related Topics too.

Glad to have you here and feel free to ask anyone here if you need assistance with anything.

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Mike. I’m a retired USAF MSgt. I was the superintendent of weapons training at Malmstrom AFB when I retired. Since then I’ve lived in Missouri, a great state for gun owners. Now fully retired I focus on my family, grandson and keeping my skills sharp. I’m glad to be a USCCA member.

6 Likes

P.S.- I am also a USCCA member since 1/2017, a USAF Vietnam Era veteran, and a former LEO (in the Air Force). Thanks for the welcome!! I need to do something about that pic…it makes me look too old!

4 Likes

@Michael7 - welcome to the community! Nice to have another Missourian join us - we’re getting to be a bit of a presence here :smiley: Did the training you supervised include handguns or was it more in the big equipment territory?

@Henry_A @Michael7 from one military family to another, thank you both for your service.

2 Likes

Welcome @LARRY3, @Henry_A, and @Michael7. Thank you all for your service.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @LARRY3! It’s great to hear about kids who know firearm safety and apply it. We hear so many of the negative stories, that it’s awesome to hear the positive experience where the children had training and did the right thing.

Education is key.

5 Likes

Geri has done counseling of all types since 1980. she is a Full Blooded Native American Indian from the Taos Pueblo, she is a tough person, and a ball buster. she gets all the nasty drunks, and drug fiends who usually don’t know what they are saying. one occasion some gang bangers did come back with weapons and got her rock security guy, he takes care of her and I am grateful. but since the pot legalization in Colorado a lot of bad people have migrated to our beautiful state.
good thing she does her 40+ hours in 3 days so we being 60+ have quality time together until I kick the bucket… I have flatlined died 2 times 9 years apart, with the stress and trauma the first time I was told I wouldn’t see 50, second time they said I will just fall over dead one day… so we take it a day at a time

3 Likes

I wish we had more people like Larry and thank you for being here.

William Smith

3 Likes