Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello
I’m a US NAVY Veteran, after leaving the service in 1970, I became a Railroad LEO Patrolman, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Superintendent, retiring as a Supv Special Agent in 2009. So you could say I’ve carried a weapon my whole adult life. I’m not expert but I do like to share what knowledge I’ve obtained during my 38 years on the job.

15 Likes

Thank you for your service, Maddog! It’s great to have you here!

5 Likes

Thank you for your service @maddog

5 Likes

PGRSteve here. I am an Air Force vet who comes from a family of vets (Grandfather, father, both brothers, brother in law and me). Growing up in the military, I learned at an early age the importance of firearms as tools as well as self defense. I also learned that being complacent about our 2nd amendment can ultimately cost us freedoms that my family has long defended. I train as much as I am able and I watch as many videos and feeds that I can (at my old age of 60). Why? I want to be as safe and knowledgeable as I can be because carrying a firearm is a bigger responsibility than most people think that it is. I am honored to be a part of a group that understands the need to put responsible gun ownership into a good light while there is so much bad media out there about us.

11 Likes

Welcome, @PGRSteve Thank you for your service - and the service of your family members! We are honored to have you in the USCCA Online Community!

I love your view of training! I’m looking forward to seeing the great conversations to come!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Ben. I’m just an average guy who loves everything about Firearms & self-defense. I’ve been a USCCA member for just over a year and a half. Thank you @Dawn for inviting me to the Community.

9 Likes

Welcome dude!! Jump in and get it stirred up!! We’re here to exchange ideas and challenge each other!! Glad to have you

5 Likes

Welcome @MrDJ!

@Tankrachet86 is right, jump on in!

I’m excited to have you both here - can’t wait to hear from everyone!

4 Likes

Hi Everyone! My name is Heather and I am one of our Salesforce Administrators here at the USCCA. I am also a senior training counselor here at the USCCA. I work part time at a local gun range and I am one of the lead instructors. I have been carrying and teaching for just about 5 years. I currently carry my Springfield XDS but looking at purchasing the SIG P365. I am excited to be part of the community here!

12 Likes

Welcome @Heather! Love the video you shared on the training for extreme weather thread! My hands hurt watching it. :cold_face:

5 Likes

Hi my name is David. I started my firearm journey as a youth in cub scouts. My military training gave me some good habits but some bad. I have experience in different law enforcement agencies from being a volunteer firefighter arson investigator. A volunteer in my county emergency management agency working and training with my County Sheriff’s department. I have worked with friends and family for several years now on scenario training. I try to learn something new everyday that will help me protect myself and others from harm. I can’t wait to work with what I feel are some of the most responsible armed citizens. Thanks for the honor!

8 Likes

Welcome to the Community David! I’m so glad you’re here! Looks like you’re jumping in and commenting on a couple of different topics already! That’s awesome!

4 Likes

Welcome @Heather. I heard and read reviews on the Springfield XDS. One of the many I’ve been looking into on my next purchase.

7 Likes

I love my XDS. It’s a good gun. Just haven’t carried it much due to lack of proficiency.

6 Likes

Is it something you could use as a secondary? I think I’m going to go to the gun store I shop from and try it out.

4 Likes

I have an XDS 4.0 and since they don’t have ankle holsters for it specifically made (but they don’t make them anymore so you don’t have to worry about that). Since you’d be getting a 3.3" model I would say it’ll make a fine secondary. I just got the 4" model because that’s what I shot and wasn’t sure if I got a 3.3" model if I’d be as pleased so I went with what I shot.
Thinking about replacing my Security 9 with a G19 since I shot them and like 'em.

5 Likes

Yeah I want a secondary, I’m having a hard time choosing. Too many choices out there.

5 Likes

I have one for my gym shorts and t shirt carry… super nice platform

5 Likes

Hi @ShawnT. I love the gun just ready to move to something new. The XDS has been good. I wont get rid of it just looking for something a little smaller to conceal especially in the summertime.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. I thought when I got mine it was the only one I was getting. That don’t happen, it becomes a hobby, and there’s an extremely large market, which makes it hard to choose.

6 Likes