Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Hey there, I’m new to the USCCA community. I carry conceal, chambered. I’m an avid Hunter. I’m a paramedic in a busy city, and I know the value of life. Carrying protects both myself and my family. Thank you for this open format, to help the flow of information.

7 Likes

Welcome @Medic13 glad you joined us :slightly_smiling_face: Jump in and enjoy the conversation! Lots of knowledgeable folks here and the information does flow. Very cool that you bring your medic experience to the mix.

3 Likes

I live in Ventura County here in CA. When I first applied for my permit it took about 8 months and was approximately $500 in fees and required training. The permit was good for 2 years. My renewal was a little over $200 in fees and training. In LA County it is almost impossible to obtain a permit.

Dave

6 Likes

Welcome @Medic13, The USCCA Community is a very Welcoming and very Knowledgable group. We also like new ideas and new information. Being a Paramedic and a Concealed Carrier, I am sure that you have medical advice in relation to Gun Shot Wounds and other medical concerns that would interest the group. Thank You for your Service to your Community as a Paramedic. Now, find a Category and a Topic and dig right in.

4 Likes

Glad to have you here, @Medic13! If you think of any topics we should be talking about and aren’t yet, please start them! I’m sure you’ll have some interesting insight into different medical knowledge for self-defense.

3 Likes

Terry Obrien, carrying 10 years ,am 56 now and have been a strict 2nd amendment supporter for as long as I can remember from a young man ,my time in the Army and to the end of my life as far as I’m concerned. Life time Michaganard and a very devoted family man. Most of my practice is dry fire and mental, and a a occasional trip to the local Gun range. Pleased to be here and be alive.

6 Likes

I’m so glad to see you here, @Terence! Thank you for your service! You’ll find a lot of awesome Veterans here! Hope you enjoy the Community! Be sure to ask questions and share your input.

3 Likes

Hey @Terence glad you’re here! There’s a few MI folk here… I’m working in MI right now too. Maybe it’s time for a Michigan Meetup

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Terence. Thank You for your Service. Also, Thank You for being so devoted to protecting our Second Amendment Rights.

Feel free to find a Category and Topic to research, learn or share in. We thrive on information here. This is a very welcoming community. We have many members from all walks of life and former Military too, like myself (US Navy 1980-84).

1 Like

Well right now that wouldn’t be possible, I would have to ask my wife. Also I have to go to Henry Ford on Thursday I report to evaluation for possible lung transplant list, but take we could meet up at a later time with , I, my wife and yourself for discussing the uscca,and maybe go shooting, that would be nice

4 Likes

@Terence, sorry to hear you’re up against some challenges. whenever you’re up to it, you are totally on!

3 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: New USCCA Gear at the Expo?

Happy Friday! I’m so excited to see so many new names/faces in the USCCA Community! Please help me welcome these new people to the

@_Robert
@AlanTristar
@AnalogMike
@AndrewB
@Anthony3
@BigParks
@Blaino
@Legere
@Calvin_W
@Carolyn
@Charles_R
@Charles3
@Christopher4
@Cig559
@Cindy
@Daniel_Nicholson
@DanJ
@Darren
@David10
@deepblack
@Dennis1
@FARHAN
@GLOCK-7
@Gregory
@Hasaf
@HawaiianGuy197
@Henry_A
@J_Michael
@Jacob1
@James7
@Jared2
@Jason2
@Jason3
@Jaye
@jeff
@Jeffrey1
@BoohonkusKJones
@Jim2
@Jim3
@John7
@John8
@Joseph2
@Justin1
@KeithK
@KenTenTen
@Kyle3
@Lawrence
@Lucas
@MarkNOLA
@Michael4
@MichaelManning
@Mitchell
@Gatekeeper
@Peter1
@Phillip
@Richard2
@Richard3
@Robert10
@Robert11
@Robert8
@Rocklock
@Stephen
@Steven2
@Superdynamike
@ToddN

Hope you’ve enjoyed the Community since you logged in the first time! If you’d like to change your screen name, you can do so within the first week-ish of starting in the Community. After that timeframe, you’ll need to message a moderator to make those changes for you (@moderators).

Here’s how you can change your username now:

4 Likes

Hi, Dawn (and everyone else),

I have not posted before now because I could not determine how to post without replying to someone-and I did not want to do that.

I am a 67 yo retired 'country gentleman😀 that lives in a small town in central New Mexico. I carry daily. This community is a GREAT Idea, and I would like to applaud the folks at USCCA for thinking of it. TIM FOR PRESIDENT!!

Be Blessed and Stay Safe!!

6 Likes

Welcome @Henry_A! Glad you’re here. If you have question on anything here you can private message @Dawn - she’s immensely helpful - or any of us you see here a lot. We’ll help you sort out what you need to know.

3 Likes

Fortunately you are on the correct side of Chicagoland. I’m in the suburbs of Chicago and the struggle is real. I’m going to check out your website.

I would love to hear more about your foray into your ministry studies at some point down the road.

3 Likes

Glad to have you here, @Henry_A. You can always reply to someone here - even if it’s a bit off topic. The people in the Community are like-minded individuals and are happy to help!

Like @Zee mentioned, I check in throughout the day every day if you need anything! You can shoot someone a private message by:

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @MichaelManning! There are a number of defending House of Worship topics that you and @Daniel_Nicholson might like. (check out the Tag House-of-Worship on the home page of the Community.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences!

5 Likes

I’m Michael and I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. Fortunately we’ve seen some gun owner friendly laws passed recently but are facing new challenges with our recent regime change.

I am a CCW holder in the Chicago area which presents a challenge based on the the number of places that are CCW restricted either by law or by sticker.

I work for a Christian nonprofit that is gun friendly and volunteer for the security team at my church (which is in the city) where I am actually encouraged to carry.

6 Likes

Hello @Dawn and everyone else. I am so glad to have access to a community that is pro 2A and concealed carry. I look forward to a friendly exchange with all of you on views and ideas. Welcome everyone

6 Likes