Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Get an HK. Problem solved. After that, what’s the sense of having any other?! :smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, Im Tony, Im a responsibly armed American. I carry (M&P 2.0 9) and I fully support the 2nd.

8 Likes

Welcome Tony! We’re so glad to have you here! There are a lot of active conversations going on - Can’t wait to hear what you’ve got to say about the topics!

3 Likes

Thank you for your service @anon25963094

5 Likes

Hi, I’m John. I have been shooting guns since I was about 10, lots of different guns throughout the years. But never started carrying till little over a year ago. While I’ve shot plenty of guns, it was never with the mindset of carrying, which is another world and much unlike shooting bottles in an old dump, or in the woods, like we did years ago…lol

I carry because I became disabled years ago(lower back and leg problems), and can no longer run at all, fast walk would even be tough, bending, squatting, stuff like that is much harder, I feel very vulnerable if I were to encounter trouble, not to mention protecting my loved ones.

I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can, subscribe to different websites, videos and such. Plan on doing some classes soon. I carry almost every single time I leave my house, though I have forgotten to strap her on sometimes…lol

Carrying is an awesome responsibility, never to be taken lightly. I realized when I put a fully loaded gun in my appendix holster and walked out the door for the first time that I needed to protect myself, that is why I’m a USCCA member.

Glad to be part of the start…and I love that I got john1 as my screen name…I’m finally on the ground floor for something, why couldn’t it have been Microsoft stock…lol

7 Likes

Hello everyone.

My name is Don but seeing as there are other Dons here also I decided to use DBrogue (DB for short) as a unique name (it is a character name I use in World of Warcraft).

I grew up with firearms both as a hunter and a recreational shooter. While spending 8 years active duty Army, I was part of a few shooting competitions both in the US and while in Germany. I consider myself a better than average shot but by no means the best out there (I have extended family members that put me to shame).

If you have questions about or for me just ask and Ill do my best to provide you with facts as I can or my opinions if warranted.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community @John1! (You can change your username if you’d like!)

We’re more fun than Microsoft stock! :laughing:

4 Likes

Welcome, @DBrogue! So glad to have you here! (glad the link worked for you)

Thank you for your service! We’re proud to have so many veterans here!

3 Likes

Thanks for inviting me. I hope I will be able to give useful input to some of the topics.

DB

4 Likes

I’m sure you will, @DBrogue! The more voices in good conversation, the better the ideas and education are for all. And good, respectful conversation represents responsibly armed Americans well to the public and to each other!

3 Likes

Hi all,

I live in Maryland not a very 2a friendly state though I’m hopeful this will change. I live with my wife and we have 3 great kids, came here from Michigan in the late 80s via the Navy. Was a Navy Corpsman, served in 1st Gulf war (aka Deasert Shield/ Storm). Got out in 96.
Other than military training for defense I’ve taken Tae kwon do and Roman Greco wrestling. I also, due to state regulations, have many hours of civilian firearms training just to be able to purchase a pistol not to mention for ccw.

As I mentioned I’m married (almost 27 years now) with 3 kids. My oldest son lives in the Denver area, my twins, boy & girl are also on their own. My other son is in the Navy now training to be a Nuclear Machinist Mate, his twin sister lives still in Maryland and works for the state board of elections.

So why do I carry? For the obvious reasons. Protect my family and self. I try to train daily but busy as life has been it’s down to 2 dry fires a week and 2 live fires a month. My next big training goal is getting off the X and learning to fire effectively while on the move.

There ya go that’s the basics
Nice to meet you all
Chris

6 Likes

Welcome, @Christopher1! Thank you for your service!

My twins are identical boys and one lives in TN and the other is debating moving there. As a mom, I don’t want them to be so far away, but visiting them gives me a reason to travel, right? :wink:

Looking forward to some great conversations!

3 Likes

My parents retired to TN. The wife and I own land there also. Yeah I wish the kids were easier to see but I’m just too darn proud of the people they’ve become to feel sad. No regrets that’s exactly what we raised them to be. Their own person

5 Likes

Howdy everyine glad to be here. Im from northeast oklahoma have a passion for guns. I learned growing up on a farm how to shoot. I have been carrying 2 years. Holsters has been my downfall tryn to find the right one. I have finally settled on paddle. I go to a outside range often the range also has training classes I get to enjoy as well.

6 Likes

So glad you’re here, @Gunpassion! You should check out the conversation about holsters - Let's talk holsters - #28 by Dawn You’ll find we all have that experience!

4 Likes

What an amazing group of people we’ve got on the USCCA Community! This week we welcome a bunch of new people. Thank you to @Christopher1, @Gunpassion, @DBrogue, @John1, @Anthony2, @Shepherd, @Anthony1, and @Trmptr64 for already introducing yourselves! You all rock!

Please help me welcome those who may be too shy to introduce themselves:
@Shane
@Donald
@Kenn
@Douglas
@Daryl
@Thom
@Robert4
@David2
@Grant
@Christopher
@Kent
@James2
@Ryan
@Robert3
@Kevin
@Jim

If you’d like to introduce yourself, please do! We’d love to hear more about you.

And I’ve said I won’t be calling out the USCCA team as they join - but you’ll see them around the USCCA Online Community… you’ll possibly be seeing some bigger names you know (@KevinM is already here) here in the not too distant future. :wink:

BTW - you can change your username if you’d like. Here’s how:

3 Likes

@dawn thank you for the invite and warm welcome.

4 Likes

Thanks. Haven’t had a chance to get online. Busy studying and looking for work. I’m in IT. Into rifles, pistols, horses and dogs

4 Likes

Hi, I am Jan. I started carrying because of my desire to protect myself and those I am responsible for. Did not expect to get hooked. I love shooting. I have shot USPSA, and I always shoot competition with my carry weapon to sharpen my skills.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone! (Great seeing so many I already know here, looking forward to meeting more!)

I’m a proud USCCA Training Counselor who teaches other courses with a focus on personal and home defense. While shooting and having an appreciation of firearms for many years as the son of a USMC Marksman/Sharpshooter Instructor becoming an Instructor was not a planned career choice but driven by passion to help teach others to live more safely. I’d “retired” from selling one of the first Internet companies at 34 and became an Instructor after having three friends killed in home invasions. (All good middle-class Americans in their own homes, not affiliated with any gambling, drugs, etc.) Knowing I had knowledge and could share that to help others live more safely and be better prepared to protect those they love I decided to travel this road.

When not teaching or hanging-out at a range you’ll find me traveling the country in my RV, enjoying a Sunday drive with top down in a Corvette or living various aspects of my other passion of helping small businesses succeed. This ranges from business and marketing plans, photography or video production or developing social media strategies for companies as small as Mom’n Pop shops to Dell, Ford, Intel and others. While I co-founded the world’s first global social network and Google’s credited me with inventing YouTube Live/Hangouts On Air, the bottom line is that I love to innovate and find new ways to use technology to make our lives more safe, comfortable, efficient or profitable.

I know it sounds cliché, but I define my success by helping others achieve their definition of goals, dreams and success. If I can help you… please ask. I promise not to bite.

8 Likes