Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to all of you responsibly armed Americans who are looking to learn and share with like-minded individuals! You’ve all got something special to bring to this group that will help others no matter what spot you’re at on your self-defense journey.

Gun-shy about talking about yourself? Here are some questions to help you get started!

• Who are you?
  • What got you interested in carrying and self-defense?
  • How long have you been training for your self-defense?
  • What formal training have you had?
  • What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten regarding your self-defense?
  • What’s your favorite gun?
  • How often do you train?
  • How have you gotten your friends and family involved?
  • What do you hope to learn from others in the USCCA Community?

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SUPPORT. PLEASE DO NOT ASK A QUESTION HERE. THIS IS FOR INTRODUCING YOURSELF AND ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS ABOVE ONLY. Please post your questions in the appropriate topic area.

Housekeeping

• If you are new to the Community, please check out our Community Guidelines.

• Please be judicious with how much personal information you share. Remember, your posts on any social media can be used if you ever have to legally defend yourself after a physical self-defense situation.

• Please do not post any personal information on this forum. You share your personal information here at your own risk.

• If you are under 18 years old, you are not able to participate in this forum. You can find out more about that restriction here.

• You can change your username once you’ve logged into the USCCA Online Community. Here’s how!

To get to the bottom of this long welcome thread, please use the thick blue bar on the right side of the page and drag it to the bottom of the thin blue bar:

OR you can click on the time of the latest post and it will take you to the end of the thread. :slight_smile:

WELCOME!

89 Likes

I am a Marine veteran and also a first responder. I have been carrying for over a decade and whether open or concealed, carry for the same reason - I value life. I am a hunter and hunt deer and love the outdoors. I also do not get out there as much as I would like, as work keeps me very busy indeed. I carry a small 380 most times because it can fit nicely under a suit or in an ankle holster too. A nice, versatile weapon.

55 Likes

Welcome to the Community, DStubenrod! I’m so excited to see you here!

20 Likes

Hi guys and gals, I’m glad to be here. I’m from Cape Cod Massachusetts, been shooting competitively for about 4 years now, IDPA, USPSA,
3 GUN, and NDM. I’m a certified NRA RSO, and an IDPA certified SO. I carry everyday no matter where I go and have been for about 32 years, I shot my first gun when I was about 4 years old, (a bolt action mossberg .22, still have it) and I love the way of life that comes along with everything listed above.

33 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA Community @Steve-G!

Sounds like shooting is in your blood! Can’t wait to hear more about your competitive shooting in the discussions!

12 Likes

Welcome @Deril and @Steve-G !

We’re so excited to have you guys here. I’m in the very early stages of my self-defense journey and I can’t wait to learn from all of you here. I know I’m in good hands with this community and I can’t wait for the adventure.

19 Likes

I’m so excited to have you here, @shaunauscca! Any time you want to hit the range, let me know!! :smiley:

12 Likes

hi, everyone! excited to be part of this community.

So - my name is Jonathan, and I’m from South Carolina. I work for the USCCA on the technology side. Carrying daily is new to me but something I plan to change this year. I completed a CCW permit class near the end of last year. I had been planning to carry my Glock 43, but I’ve had a rough time with misfires. As far as I can tell it’s due to my grip and stance. Need to train more!

anyways, looking forward to connecting

oh and @Steve-G, my wife and I were just talking about planning a weekend trip to cape cod. we’ve never been. also, the instructor of my CCW permit class talked a lot about his participation in IDPA. made it sound awesome.

16 Likes

I’m a massage therapist and a mom of three teenagers. I’ve been carrying for a few years now. Really started carrying regularly when I went on my own for massage.

I go into people’s houses to do massage - only by referral! But even then there are some unique people I’ve worked on who made me glad I had my holster under my scrubs! My patients don’t always know I carry - and some would be dead set against it. However, it’s for their protection as much as it is mine.

I’m looking forward to learning more about shooting - including competition shooting! - from everyone here.

27 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Shawn I’m currently disabled. I’ve never been one to carry a firearm, I did however admire the people that believed in exercising their right to do so. After becoming disabled I realized I wasn’t able to protect myself or my family without owning or carrying a firearm. I currently study every piece of information I can and learn as much as I can about firearms and the functions of them. I carry a Smith and Wesson SD40 VE. Always keep a round in the chamber a full magazine and an extra magazine with me. I also carry a knife, and small flashlight. Nothing can be planned but everything should be expected.

36 Likes

Welcome @ShawnT!

Have you checked out all of our free reading material on your USCCA dashboard? www.uscca.com log in at the upper right-hand corner.

If you have, let me know and I’ll dig up more reading material for you! And be sure to check out your youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/USCCAtraining

So glad to have you here!

9 Likes

I read every one I get and start before recieving it using the dashboard. I’m also reading all of the back issues. I watch all training videos and follow into the fray as well. I’m planning a trip for this summer to come out to Wisconsin for a tour of the facility. I think the U.S.C.C.A is an amazing and vital part of my concealed carry journey.

18 Likes

Hi all, I’m Thad. I got interested in owning firearms shortly after Wisconsin started offering CCW permits. Prior to that at didn’t have a reason since I don’t hunt and, didn’t see the point to a handgun you can’t carry. When I first started out in 2012 I really didn’t know anything about what I was doing and, made the mistake of putting the cart before the horse. I got my CCW permit then my first gun. After my first time to the range I decided not to carry till I believed I was ready then spent the next two years learning everything I could about guns and, carry before actually starting to carry. About 2 1/2 years ago I went for the USCCA instructor program but, am not an active instructor. I can’t compete with the prices of other instructors in the area. I can’t really decide on a favorite carry gun since I have five different options to choose from that I thoroughly enjoy. I don’t get to the range anywhere near as often as I would like due to cost but, I dry fire train two to five days a week. I’m always up for learning something new.

13 Likes

Welcome @Thad! It’s always nice having a fellow cheesehead here!

8 Likes

@ShawnT, Im hearing impaired on my left side. I don’t let that slow me down and if someone has an issue with it, I’ll invite them to the range and let that leave them speechless. Hearing impaired, wheel-chair bound, limitations are only limitations if we allow them to be. I wont allow limitations to define me. I define myself in how I respond to them by not allowing them to get me down.

29 Likes

Yes sir, I agree completely. It doesn’t stop you until you allow it to.

9 Likes

Hi,

I am pleased to be here too. I am partially deaf and lost my hearing on my left side recently. But that hasn’t deterred me in the least. But I am still active with shooting and plan to take part in a shooting competition this summer.

12 Likes

Hi Dawn. Stupid question. How do I post my initial”get to know me” post?

7 Likes

You’re in the right place, @Mike! You can either edit the post you tagged me in or reply to this one. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi! I’d like to welcome everyone to the USCCA Community and introduce myself! I am a member of the USCCA technical/design team and also a newbie on my journey to being a responsibly armed American. I have always been a believer of the Second Amendment and am recently feeling the strong need, if not urgency, to be equipped with the confidence and knowledge to protect my family. I have a one year old son and want to know that he is always protected when he is with me. My first experience at a gun range left me a little shaky, so I’m looking forward to finding a partner here at the USCCA to give me the education and confidence that I need. I’m also really looking forward to hearing from all of our community members. I’m so encouraged to know that I have so many awesome resources at my disposal!

25 Likes