Wearing clothes that scream “i have a gun”

It appears many of us had the same idea. Would you where this? Hell no. It screams “I’m wearing a gun!” I just buy normal clothes many that are patriotic and supportive of military personnel (enlisted and lower ranking officers mainly because far too many high ranking military seem more concerned about their career.). Having been victimized by both bad officers and NCOs I have a unique perspective on this subject which is why when my sons started the process of enlisting I pushed them towards college and towards getting a commission. Sorry, officers, the real hero’s are enlisted in my book.

I wear a lot of patriotic gear. Lots of American flags. I have a “Come and Take it Shirt” (with the Canon) and a WPS shirt.

I’m caring less and less as time goes on. Shirts are one of the few ways we can actually get our message out and they are a great way to support a lot of Pro Gun companies (just wish they’d stop making tight shirts, they need to make their shirts looser to help with concealment :joy:.

5 Likes

I don’t equate most such shirts with necessarily carrying concealed. Pro-gun, sure, but otherwise it’s just a shirt to me. However, along those lines, I don’t put gun stickers on my car to advertise there MAY be a gun in my car. While we’re free to display what we want, I personally think the smart and prudent thing in today’s environment is to fly under the radar as much as possible.

3 Likes

Not really screaming “I’m carrying a gun,” but I get mixed reactions every time I wear my Red MAGA hat out in public now. A couple of people have advised me that I better be carrying a gun.

A couple of my patriotic outfits.

4 Likes

Honestly at this point in time, other than other concealed carriers, I don’t think many people know what USCCA is,

9 Likes

I agree with the gray man mentaility.
One of the people I instruct with teaches just the opposite–she says we should all be wearing gun stuff to help be ambassadors to the 2A.
I think she has a reasonable point. That said, I’ll wear my gun stuff to the range and to teach, but most of the time, I’m gray man.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community

Welcome @ROB34

You stirred up a hornet’s nest. Good job!

Personally since my home state of Illinois was late to the dance, active carry is relatively new for me. Had my Utah NR but could not carry in my home state. Some of us watched as the numbers of CCW permits climbed and were comforted by the idea that the bad guys might get a new perspective. I don’t know if it moved the needle but still take comfort in the thought that many good guys (male & female) could be carrying. If I’m not wearing a shirt that say “ask to see my gun”, who really knows what is going on?

2 Likes

Love the Amendment 2 shirt!

2 Likes

Concealed = gray

Different when going to the range where I expect everyone to have a firearm.

1 Like

Like a Hawaiian shirt? :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t knock the Hawaiian shirt thing, I’ve been the grey man in the Hawaiian shirt for 35 years, I live in a tropical area and was in the art business! I don’t look out of place and they serve me quite well in many awkward situations, (like crowds, festivals and gallery shows) especially in places you may not be able to carry! Agreed a Hawaiian shirt in a communist country like New York would look slightly out of place!

Which one really says I have a gun?

One prints when I bend down to tie my shoelaces the other just flows!

3 Likes

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Nobody is out looking to see if you have a gun or not. They’re hardly paying attention to you.

I hate this idea of grey man theory with clothing choice. Carry the gun you want, with the gun you want. Have some style personalize yourself and express yourself. I work at a gas station I see all types of people in suits, sweatpants and hoodies, regular jeans and a T-shirt.

Idk any type of clothing that screams gun. Only time I had a piece of clothing scream gun, wasn’t even my clothing. It was my gun that was being open carried. I wear a USCCA pin, sometimes I wear a USCCA hat.

■■■■ even on my tinder profile I have my USCCA hat and I talk to people and I ask if they know what the USCCA is and they don’t know. People aren’t paying attention to clothing styles, and trying to read everything about a person.

In my experience, the only people that actually really bring attention to themselves are the ones acting sketchy, and you could be the one looking all sketchy cause you’re too focused on trying to look gray man that you don’t look or act like yourself.

Just relax.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s SO true, i could clean my Handguns in the middle of Target. Mindless and clueless. As long as I’m wearing my mask they don’t notice squat! As a matter of fact I am the one looking to see if you have a weapon!
In any state it should be obvious to any one with half a brain, that a guy walking into a grocery store with an AR-15 style rifle, is not looking for diavpers, I’m just guessing! In addition if he didn’t start shooting, NO ONE would have noticed!
The only reason they caught the Georgia guy, is because they finally lifted they’re heads out of the a…, I mean phones!
Here we are a week later and their heads are back in the sand! Maybe it’s not so much banning guns, but they want the populace completely mindless and controllable. People who carry are so aware of their surroundings that it just kills them to know we are paying attention!
Now I understand what STYX meant about the “Grand Illusion”

“But don’t be fooled by the radio
The TV or the magazines
They show you photographs of how your life should be
But they’re just someone else’s fantasy
So if you think your life is complete confusion
Because you never win the game
Just remember that it’s a Grand illusion
And deep inside we’re all the same.
We’re all the same…”-Dennis DeYoung, Styx

3 Likes

Here in Florida, every day is a Jimmy Buffet concert. Especially in the evenings and the closer you get to the beach, the higher the population density of Aloha and Cuban shirts you will see in any public venue. These and fishing shirts never look out of place here, because they are the most functionally appropriate option that is a step up from a simple cotton t-shirt. Having lived in Hawaii and Kalifornistan in the past, it was the same in both places. Apparently, even in Boston the Aloha shirt is now a popular fashion icon among the Hipsters. And that’s far from a tropical climate.

3 Likes

After listening to alot of the comments. I have to agree with old freedom of choice. After all that’s # 1 in our Constitution also. Years ago there would have been no question 'Wear what you want when you want" That is what we are really about." Freedom of speech and expression. I think that concealed carry to me is like a Magician performing his trick successfully. If no one knows I’m carrying then i have performed my trick well. The element of surprise is a force multiplier. I say do as you are comfortable with. I prefer Concealed but support anyone who open carries also. With our 2A rights as with all the others give up nothing

5 Likes

In summer , I like wearing that style of shirt, Its cool and loose fitting. Perfect for summer CCW. I was hearing something said about the style attaching it to someones notion of what they thought it is. I have been a fan of this style long before all the shenanigans of today ever came along. Hey the Hippies liked flower power

2 Likes

And I like Jimmie Buffet to LOL

1 Like