We the People holsters

I recently purchased a holster for my S&W M&P Shield withe the Crimson Trace laser from WTP. When I holster the gun I don’t hear the positive click that you should hear. I’ve tightened the retention screw over and over and it hasn’t helped.

Has anyone had this experience with their holster? How did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I have a C&G kydex holster and it’s similar. There should be a positive click when you holster the gun. Have you contacted the manufacturer. Sounds like a defective holster. Did you do the shake test to see if the holster holds the gun or it falls out?

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t contacted the manufacturer just yet. I have a Crossbreed holster on the way so I want to wait until that gets here first. When I turn the holster upside down it retains it but if I shake it the gun falls out. Other than this issue I like the holster. It’s comfortable and conceals well. But this is a big problem IMO.

2 Likes

My edc holster (IWB) is a We The People model for my M&P9 EZ, and also have a OWB paddle holster for the same pistol, and have not had any retention problems with either of them.

3 Likes

The nut on the retention screw is probably spinning in place. You’ll need to find a way to secure it while you tighten the other side. Not easy as the bolt blocks the use of a flat head.

3 Likes

hmmm… I have such and I don’t exactly hear a click so much as feel it… no retention problems either so?

IMHO a audible click can be a bad thing in certain situations… ???

not sure about a click… not sure such is required??? does the firearm resist being removed from the holster?

1 Like

I have a WE THE PEOPLE holster and I do hear the audible click you speak of upon inserting the :gun:. I haven’t adjusted the retention at all. To me, good retention is being able to hold the holstered pistol upside down & it will not fall or shake out.

:v:t5:

2 Likes

I carry a paddle style, kydex, from Concealment Express. Feel & hear the positive click everytime. What I have noticed is that as I walk, it sounds as if my weapon is “shaking” from side to side, but doesn’t loose any retention. Have this style holster for P365 & 1911 Emperor Scorpion. Mag carriers from the same place, also kydex. No issues with mags.

2 Likes