Virginia gets a Republican Governor

I would LOVE a modernization/simplification of knife laws. You can own almost anything, you just can’t carry them around in public. How do you get it from the store to home? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most everything I’d normally carry is legal and allowed for carry (small folders), but I’d like a fixed blade sometimes and those you can only open-carry

2 Likes

Neat article

2 Likes

I would say we are in pretty good hands as far as it goes. I have talked personally with the top 3 winners this year several times and even was invited to lunch with Glenn and Ted Cruz. While I believe that guns in general is a top priority I do believe that Glenn has some larger fish to fry to get VA back on track. I hope he is given the normal 90 days of grace to put forth his agenda. The Senate will be a hurdle but one that I think can be overcome. Taking the house of delegates is “Uge”, to quote a term. Glenn did not come out vociferously for guns but that was a tactical move on his part and the cards fell into his lap with the whole School Board thing. Terry Mac didn’t want to open the gun topic because he is anti, so the whole gun thing was left off he table this entire election cycle. I would have liked a more robust gun statement but I understand the tactics, don’t give your opponent ammo, restrict it from them. The end was Glenn talked about shooting with Ted on the stage but he never came out with a policy, again tactics. VA gun owners knew what was in store for them with Terry Mac and Glenn’s not driving the topic but essentially being one of us and being quiet about firearms in public lead to a wink and a nod from gun owners. Essentially “I see what you did there. Well played.” As I say with the top 3 line up that we have I feel better than I have in a long time about being a gun owner in VA. NOW LET’S GET TO DAY ONE!!!

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Yeah I would agree. I was concerned at first that he didn’t want to respond to surveys from VCDL and others, but I think that turned out to be a wise strategic decision. He took the issue away from Terry and made a dent into the vote margins in NoVA esp with the education issues. It was clear that the dems were desperate to make it an issue when they ran the ads attacking Glenn as being soft on gun rights. Fortunately voters realized that even a worst-case Youngkin would be infintely better than the best-case McAuliffe.

I think Youngkin will be much better than worst-case. He won’t be running for re-election so he won’t have to strategically avoid the issue like he did to a degree in the campaign. The challenge (at least for the next two years) will be getting things through the same Senate that passed all the recent gun control. Unless there was something that went to a tie-breaker by the L.G., you’d need to flip at least one vote to repeal something they voted to pass 1 or 2 years ago. On the other hand, it would only take one, and they’re much closer to running for re-election than they were 1 or 2 years ago. I’d be surprised if there aren’t some state senate districts that Dems won in 2019 that flipped to red this month.

I also think there are some things the A.G. can do unilaterally. I’m not certain, but I sort of recall hearing that the restrictions on carrying at state rest stops was something that Herring put in place, as well as the reciprocity issue mentioned in that article.

2 Likes

Between the governships changing hands recently and other judicial and state government positions that changed, I am very glad to see it. It’s time for the GOP to capitalize and play politics the way the DNC does. Once they get the power they need to actually do something with it and make some good decisions for our country. Get the economy worked out and get the military strong againz etc. I’m hopeful but 2022 is going to be a long year.

1 Like

Oh Hell yeah!!! Pardon my language. Lets hope for positive change across the board

1 Like

Congrats. To Virginia FIRST Black Female Governor. It’s has been an great accomplishment for our people.

4 Likes

@Zecharius Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you. :us:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Zecharius and God bless you.

1 Like