Video: Gun pulled at Salem Oregon Antifa protest

Limited understanding of Oregon SD Law. However; they impaled the passenger side window nearly killing the female passenger.

But here’s pertinent part

Self-Defense

Oregon law does not explicitly reference the Castle Doctrine, nor does it have a “stand your ground” statute. A person is justified in using physical force for self-defense or to defend a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force, and the person may use a degree of force which the person reasonably believes to be necessary for the purpose.

Use of Physical Force
A person is justified in using physical force for self-defense or to defend a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force, and the person may use a degree of force which the person reasonably believes to be necessary for the purpose.

A person is justified in using physical force, other than deadly physical force, when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of:

• Theft or criminal mischief of property;
  • Criminal trespass by another person in or upon the premises; or
  • A burglary in a dwelling.

Use of Deadly Physical Force
A person is not justified in using deadly physical force unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

• Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person;
  • Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or
  • Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person.

A person may use deadly physical force only:

• In defense of a person; or
  • When the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent the commission of arson or a felony by force and violence by the trespasser.

[Or. Rev. Stat. §§ 161.205, 161.209, 161.219, 161.225 & 161.229 ]

Fairly certain that nearly impaling a female passenger warrants the use of Lethal Force

2 Likes

It seems that the police in Oregon are not allowed to protect the public from attack even in the event of clear danger of physical harm by a mob. This lesson needs to be a wake-up call to the rest of the nation that the liberal rulers do not want our citizens to be independent and safe. The party of lies and broken promises is trying to lead us down the path of Venezuela , Brazil and several European countries led by the one government United Nations dictators.

1 Like

Another version of events from American Military News.
Pics/Vids: Pro-veteran rally attacked by ‘heavily armed’ Antifa demonstrators | American Military News

According to this article, ANTIFA was protesting a pro-veteran rally. They had sprayed the man with pepper spray before he got out of his truck, pulled out his firearm and shouted “Get away from me!” Salem police detained and disarmed the man but did not arrest him.

5 Likes

Disgusting. The police did not prevent nor stop these assaults by Antifa.

Antifa impaled the red truck with a large tree branch during their mob attack on the vehicle outside the Oregon state capitol. There was a female passenger in the vehicle at the time who was nearly killed.

2 Likes

6 Likes
1 Like

That account sickens me. It is beyond words how awful this is.

I note in his account that there were police present, but they did nothing to stop the attacks on the man until he drew his firearm. Only then did police step in to make sure no one was shot. The rioters had already committed numerous instances of assault and were actively damaging his vehicle; the police should have intervened then but did not.

It’s as we keep saying, no one is responsible for your safety except you.

4 Likes

Ooh, ooh, pick me. I want to play.:innocent::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::liberia:

Answer 1) I go everywhere with a gun (so that takes care of that question. But the Pro freedom announced itself first and then Antifah decided to counter that rally. If I remember my Civics correctly we are guaranteed to be allowed to peacefully assemble and ask for redress from our elected representatives. Antifah was the ones who decided to start an unlawful assembly.

So are we supposed to cower in fear anytime I wish to peacefully assembly and Antifah decided to come show their true colors yet again. I refuse to cower.

Answer 2) That is actually what the police did. They disarmed him, took him to the police station and released him. Stating that he was acting according to that states rules for self defense.

Answer 3) I EDC a Glock, with one in the chamber. Ive stated my feelings many time. Are you going to try and put a seatbelt on in the moments before a wreck?

2 Likes

Amen @Zavier_D. Speak the truth!