Veterans preference

I am a vet in Ohio also. I am going to get my permit shortly; what documentation do they require?

5 Likes

Original DD-214 and birth certificate. A current drivers license or some form of ID. I think that is all they require.

John

7 Likes

Thank you

5 Likes

DD 214
but took the two—day NRA class in Fairfax back in 2005
well worth the traffic, time and energy to learn from Local Legal and LE instructors.

5 Likes

Here in the volunteer state ( Tennessee ), they do give vet’s a discount but as for the class, it must be stated on your DD214 that you have had small arms training, if not stated you have to attend class and range. Before Tn became a constitutional carry state, it cost me $200 for enhanced lifetime.

1 Like

When I was in Texas you got a nice discount and I converted it to nonresident when moving to Oklahoma. No discounts in Oklahoma.

2 Likes

In Utah they asked, I think it’s a check box on the form. We also have a Veterans endorsement on our drivers licenses. I don’t know that it made any difference when I applied, it still took 59 of the 60 days allowed by law.

2 Likes

In Virginia, military personnel on active duty and veterans from any country get a concealed carry permit without any training. No military small arms training required. See Virginia Code §§ 18.2-308.02(B)(5) and 18.2-308.06(B)(5).

2 Likes

I live in a town that is very for concealed carry. Because I was working two federal jobs at the time, the local PD didn’t bother interviewing me or taking my picture. They just fingerprinted me and used my photo from my driver’s licence. I waited about 4 to 5 months till I got my licence.

2 Likes