USCCA Member Badge Updates

There is a new way for us to award USCCA Member badges in a group action. Please do not be alarmed if you get a message saying you’ve just received your USCCA Member badge and have been a member the entire time you’ve been a part of the Community.

The new process removes all Member badges and then reassigns them to the new list provided which includes those Members who have recently visited the USCCA Community for the first time and those who have recently become USCCA Members who were already in the Community, along with everyone who already was a USCCA Member in the Community.

Sorry for any confusion this process may cause! It is the most efficient way to ensure USCCA Members have their badge! :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Sorry… the devil made me do it…

51 Likes

This is great! My class instructor used this quote after I asked if we got badges when completing the Lethal Weapons Training Act training needed to become an armed guard for my church security team.
From what movie did this come?

5 Likes

Blazing Saddles.

4 Likes

Although used in Blazing Saddles, the original quote, and the photo attached, is from a Humphrey Bogart movie called, “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” 1948.

19 Likes

Remember that movie also.:+1:

4 Likes

I’m in the process of updating badges again - so if you get a message granting your USCCA Member badge again, this is the reason!

Are you a USCCA Certified Instructor or Training Counselor and don’t have your Instructor or TC badge? Please PM me and I’ll get your badge and add you to the appropriate private group!

8 Likes

And earlier, still: The original version of the line appeared in B. Traven’s novel The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1927):

“All right,” Curtin shouted back. “If you are the police, where are your badges? Let’s see them.”
“Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don’t need badges. I don’t have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and chinga tu madre!” [Spanish curses]

1 Like

Funny …you must have been a member for a while. I hail from Fayetteville NC
JOINED a few days ago
Waiting to finish training so I can get my gun

7 Likes

Use this term at times LOL Love it!!

2 Likes

Haha like that spanish curses are fogged but not the english.

3 Likes

OK, thank you!

2 Likes

…and perfected in Weird Al’s “UHF”.

3 Likes

Can you create a Unicorn Badge?

1 Like

yes, yes, we do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do youknow what a unicorn really is? They’re even mentioned in the Bible.

4 Likes

I know they eat purple people.
(Obscure reference.)

2 Likes