US CONCEALED On Line

Hi Everyone. Happy New Year.

I’m wondering if anyone has ever received email about obtaining online “Concealed Carry Permit” that is recognized in 29 to 31 states?

Is it legit? Scam?

3 Likes

I see this all the time on various Facebook accounts. Never followed up on it because my current permits are valid everywhere I travel (Except stupid Illinois).

4 Likes

Directly from their website…

“We are not affiliated or associated in any way with the State of Virginia nor do we guarantee or infer in any way that you will qualify for a concealed carry permit. The certification you receive from US Concealed Online is not a license or permit to carry a handgun. To secure a permit it is your sole responsibility to apply to the state of Virginia and submit all paperwork required along with any fees.”

3 Likes

My vote is a scam

3 Likes

Thx guys.
I did deep research on this, and looks it is one of websites that uses Virginia Concealed Carry Law to make some money.

However this has directed me to pretty cool option, because it look like I can do online course and apply for non-resident Virginia CC permit, which is recognized in 29 states…

3 Likes

I make sure I’ve always dropped a comment and suggested to
all the happy folks to call their local sheriffs office to find proper and legal training for a permit.

3 Likes

That is a good idea @Randall318. All those nonresident permits are great and Kentucky recognizes permits from every other state. But, Kentucky does not recognize the out of state permits of Kentucky residents.

KRS 237.010(20) (a)
A person who is not a resident of Kentucky and who has a valid license issued by another state of the United States to carry a concealed deadly weapon in that state may, subject to provisions of Kentucky law, carry a concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky, and his or her license shall be considered as valid in Kentucky.

3 Likes

Scammer is my default setting.

3 Likes

If you can use it to apply for the out-of-state permit… and if that is an extra permit that gets you states your current in-state permit doesn’t cover, that’s good. It doesn’t replace the proper training for your in-state permit. Just note that some states do not honor the non-resident permits, or put additional limitations on them.

3 Likes

Its funny they messaged me (The company of the permit people)

They informed me that they were a certification not a permit producer.

2 Likes

Is this service worthwhile or even legit? Received this in an unsolicited email. So first instinct is spam and scam.

As my dear old Dad used to say, “that certificate and a buck will get you a cup of coffee”. Wonder how many fell for the marketing hype and are right now carrying concealed afoul of the law.