Urban carry leather locker holster

Been looking for a leather aiwb holster. I have it narrowed down to two one being the Urban carry leather locker holster.
Has any one used this

2 Likes

LockLeather IWB?
I’m not using Urban Carry hostlers, so cannot say if they are good or not… but please be advised that this particular model is NOT molded to any handgun. It comes with SIZES. So one size can fit few firearm models…even manufacturers - and that is “no go” for me.

Fe.
Holster size #209 can fit S&W M&P9/40 or Beretta 92 or SIG P320 … :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

@Shawn31. I asked that question awhile back, and I got a few responses back from guys who tried them :-1:junk

3 Likes

I can understand when some holsters are made to carry several types of weapons like cz75 & all the copies there of. Some holsters just are whipped up to fit some weapons as the different sizes ( 1, 2 , 3 etc) so pick & choose, better start emptying a large drawwer now.

6 Likes

I have never had any experience with this holster but researched a company called Holsterpro.com and this gentleman seems to do incredible work on his leather holsters, maybe something you want to check out or do a comparison with. Hope this helps and have a blessed day.

4 Likes

My son has used the Urban Carry for a while now and has decided to go another route-- an aiwb hybrid from Theis Holsters. As for leather aiwb holsters in general-- you will find that most collapse when the firearm is removed and re-holstering could be an issue.

7 Likes

I’ve been carrying the Urban Carry LockLeather IWB for well over a month now I guess, and have had no signs of “collapsing”. I ord’d the model to fit my M&P 9 EZ, and it fits snuggly, and through wearing it has formed to the pistol. The internal adjustable retention mechanism works well, and tge metal belt clip is sturdy, and holds to the belt tightly. It has worked well, and I’ve ord’d a OWB LockLeather model. Browsing info on their website, the holsters are hand-sewn by Amish/Mennonite (can’t recall which ones) craftsmen in TN. Anything I’ve ever seen produced by those folks has always had attention-to-detail, and quality involved. As I have seen suggested elsewhete concerning leather holsters, when I first rec’d it I put the pistol in a sandwich-sized “ziplock” baggie (when not going out with it), and worked it in and out of the holster for a few days, and basically “fitted” the pistol to the holster. Just my two cents worth mind you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Greg33. I had a leather holster for my SCCY CPX 2 IWB, when I would put it inside the waist band, I could not draw my gun, it was so tight in the holster from just a little pressure from belt. But if it was in your hands, then it went in and out of the holster no problem. Does your gun draw easy from your holster?.

2 Likes

It’s snug, but I keep my belt cinched fairly tight (to keep my pants up), but I’ve had no problems practice drawing or re-holstering. I carry it between the 3:00-3:30 position, depending on the pants (belt loop) location. I’ve found the IWB leather to be much more comfortable than the kydex. Everyones mileage is different though.

3 Likes

Zip-lock bag or wet sock methods work great for leather holsters. But this is for little stretch only. The question is if the holster fits the shape of the firearm from the very first time, before adjustment.

2 Likes

As stated a firearm in a bag & let it sit a week. Also don’t know if it’s just me but the cant seems to matter when drawing.

2 Likes

“The question is if the holster fits the shape of the firearm from the very first time, before adjustment.”

Yep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So it may be something to consider in the future. Molding the holster to the firearm, once it somehow fits close enough is very easy using hot water, sock and heat gun. :+1:

3 Likes

Obtained a versacarry and they come in sizes. Put your firearm in, twist it a little, make the leather stretch some and good to go, but the Versa is buffalo hide, so it is thick.

not sure about the lockleather, but did read a review that they start to have too much wiggle with the locking latch after some use.

4 Likes

I was, on one respect, rather fortunate in that I was able to get a fitted leather holster (OWB) for my handgun, and it fits all 3 sizes that the weapon comes in, as the difference holster-wise is barrel/slide length on the full size; the controls are all in the same place relative to the trigger and trigger guard.
The one disappointment is that they didn’t make an IWB, as I wear left-handed. I did discover that Alien Gear makes an IWB Kydex in LH for me, so I may try that in the future.

2 Likes

The locking/retention mechanism in the Urban Carry I have seems to be firmly attached, and no room for wiggle. Time will tell, as with any product, but for now it’s working well, with a nice snug fit. I can hold the holster upside down, shake it, and the pistol doesn’t wobble, wiggle, or fall out.

4 Likes

image :+1:

1 Like

Good to know. I did look at them as an option, but saw several reviews that stated similar issues, that after a time (none stated specific, and only one I think mentioned within a few months), there was wiggle and rattle. They did not say the retention mechanism failed or did not hold, just that the holster became loose and the firearm rattled. Leather… does stretch some.

I may still look into one, but am now checking on 1791 Gunleather as an option.

3 Likes