Upper Peninsula voted out of redistricting panels

So Democrats in the legislature used TWO of their ten strikes to remove Upper Peninsula candidates from the redistricting panel being formed.

Once again Lansing has proven that they do not care about us or our opinions! We’re supposed to be a vacation spot for Michigan’s political and financial elite and a cute tourist attraction, we’re also supposed to shut our mouths and like the bread crumbs they SAY they will feed us…eventually.

On the bright side the Upper Peninsulas Republicans and Democrats are once again uniting in the desire to break away from Michigan and let the lower peninsula wallow in its own cesspool of corruption.

5 Likes

All Hail the Great State Of :boom: :boom: :boom:SUPERIOR :us: :us: :us: 51
Down wid da Trolls. :-1:

2 Likes

And let’s keep in mind how many counties our great governor actually won. Was it 13 or 16? She makes a case for the electoral college all on her own.

4 Likes

I remember in the 1980’s when Michigan’s department of tourism made a map of all the great places to go and things to do. Unfortunately they “forgot” to make the UP part of the map.
Yuppers were none too happy. I would say start a petition to become part of Wisconsin as putting together a stand alone governmental system would be REALLY expensive. IMHO.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: That,s YOOPERS: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
You did that on purpose didn’t you. :wink:

2 Likes

Yuppers… as in uppers. Upper Michigan.

2 Likes

Big Sigh! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@Spence Been happening forever, we should be used to it but it still irks me. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yooper - a native or resident of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan —used as a nickname

The word Yooper comes from the common nickname of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula-the “U.P.”-and the etymology requires the same follow-up question that a challenging joke does: “Get it?” If you’re not there yet, try saying them both out loud: Yooper, U.P. Yoopers have been saying both out loud now for about 40 years, but it’s only in recent years that those beyond the U.P. and its geographical neighbors have begun to encounter Yooper in use. Yoopers refer to people who live in the Lower Peninsula as “trolls” (they live “under” the Mackinac Bridge, after all), but that nickname is still at this point too regional for entry in our dictionaries.

Merriam-Webster definition of Yooper

4 Likes

@Dave17 Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Since @TexasEskimo does not live in the Lower, we can’t properly call him a troll. :smile: Well, maybe we can this time. :cowboy_hat_face: :ice_cube: No igloo emoji. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think TexasTroll has a ring to it. :rofl:

2 Likes

I like it! :+1: Can I get a mod to change it? Knowing my luck it’s already taken.

1 Like

I bet Dawn would do it …just…for…you. :+1:

1 Like

I just wanted to prove I could both “dish it out” and “take it”. I am just not good with stupid, my reply usually gets me a PM from Dawn.

2 Likes

I knew what you were up to. :+1: :rofl:

2 Likes

How about you just rejoin Wisconsin. You do know you use to be part of Wisconsin right?

Don

1 Like

Yup, know all about the Toledo Strip. :+1:

1 Like

Most people around here dont know anything about it.

1 Like

Ain’t that something? I learned that in grade school history. :thinking:

1 Like