Update: National Reciprocity

16 Likes

i think this case could be a good thing and wish them est of luck and a win for all of us.

5 Likes

Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining a California CCW Permit as a Nevada Resident

To obtain a CCW permit in California as a Nevada resident, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. These criteria include being at least 21 years old, having good moral character, completing a firearms training course, and demonstrating “good cause” for needing a CCW permit. “Good cause” typically refers to showing that you have a specific reason for needing to carry a concealed firearm, such as personal protection or employment in a high-risk profession.

So basically a Nevada resident can get a California CCW with the right qualifications. I don’t know how it works for other states.

The way I read that, they can get one if the issuing authority decides, subjectively, to issue one. But they don’t have to. States are using BS like “good cause” and “moral character” give a middle finger to SCOTUS and the requirement to be shall issue.

In some CA counties it seems you have to be rich, famous, or politically connected to get a permit

9 Likes

I don’t know how it will work for the lawyer to get reciprocity in California.

2 Likes

Someone in the Guberment will throw a wrench in it somehow.

6 Likes

Good Article Karacal—
This Lawyer brings up a good point though—
IF he got a client (Nevada Resident)
Who had UNLIMITED FUNDS to bring the case to SCOTUS?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Where O Where could we find such a person? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Where do you live again ‘K’? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Askin’ for a friend! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

I hate to break it to y’all, but…it’s not going to happen.

The states that are dead set against it are just too big with too much federal pull oh and also have already shown they will push legislation that seeks to invalidate SCOTUS decisions. See NY, MD, CA with pushes to make basically everywhere off limits now that they are supposed to be shall issue.

6 Likes

^YUP. Never gonna happen.

5 Likes

I have a CA CCW permit and good cause is a requirement that’s not as difficult as it seems.
But then again I am in Nor-Cal, while in the belly of the beast, still friendly when it comes to CCW.

3 Likes

When you applied for it what was your explanation for ‘good cause’?

3 Likes

Lawful self-defense.

3 Likes

Depends on the county, different decision makers in each county

And when they have a requirement like that, intended to essentially return it to may issue, what is a person’s recourse if they are denied? If it is ‘in process’ for a year while they wait?

4 Likes

First, I’m a resident of the United States all 50!
Second how much does it cost to get to the SCOTUS ?
Third unlike something else that got shifted to the states, the
2A IS IN THE CONSTITUTION
So blue states can KMA!

6 Likes

In the context of your full post…a couple years in prison maybe? But probably won’t go to any federal courts

I’m not sure where you got that quote from but as far as I have been able to find out there is no real way for an out of state resident to get a CA carry license.

I once read of a provision to allow for out of State residents who spend a significant amount of time working in CA to apply for a permit but I don’t know of anyone who was able to get a permit through that provision. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some rich folks and their body guards who were able to pad some palms to get permits.

It used to be that in several CA counties the only way to get a permit even for CA residents was to contribute significantly to the sheriff’s reelection campaign.

3 Likes

Crossing State Lines: A Guide to Obtaining a California CCW Permit for Nevada Residents - American Conceal and Carry LLC.

I don’t recall ever encountering a non-CA resident who had a CA carry permit

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ca-gun-laws/

Shared with Zight

I never heard of the folks you linked to…who are they and what do they do?

It finally loaded to a big green button it wants me to click to go forward…what’s that?

3 Likes

I know nothing about them I did a google question asking if Nevadans could get CA CCW. I was in CA awhile back and I asked a cop if it was dangerous in the area i was in and he told me I could apply for a CA CCW. I checked, because of this video above if it was still possible.

To me what is really ludicrous is that Rainbow people can get married in a permissive state and all the others have recognize the marriage license. That is not a constitutional right. 2A is an inherent and constitutional right. Why is there not constitutional reciprocity?

7 Likes