TODAY's THE DAY! The Reliant in theaters!

My local theater is showing The Reliant - is yours?

5 Likes

Time hack 1404. 5hrs 26min till show time. Will be meeting up with the Mrs in 4hrs for a quick bite to eat and then on to the show!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

kino%5D

Cinemark and AMC

2 Likes

Yes, 2 are and both are sold out.

Color me shocked. I was so afraid it would be 4-5 people and that the anti gun agenda’ers would claim it as a moral victory or some such. Was only sold out showing for time at the one I was at. Even gave shout out to USCCA and the Rally for pro 2A on 11-2-19

2 Likes

Sadly only 11 people in Northeast Ohio at the theater my wife and I went to see it. Was hoping for a better turn out

3 Likes

We had about 50 in our theater in a town of about 250k…theater anticipated more judging the size of the actual theater they showed it in…

3 Likes

Saw it in Kalamazoo The theater was half full. I spotted Tim as the first shooter in the riot scene. A lot of good points made. My wife could not look at some of the violence.

3 Likes

Saw the movie in Jackson, MI. Nice cameo Tim. Very thought provoking movie. Made me think about Antifa in Portland. Good job all.

1 Like

I saw it in White Bear Lake MN and there were only a few seats left over. It was showing in a number of theaters around the metro area. I didn’t stick around to talk as I was by myself. But I kind of got the impression people were there for the Christian message Or the 2nd am message. As a prepper I was very happy to see that message as well. I particularly liked the display of the contents of dads wallet.

2 Likes

I saw it in Bourbonnais IL. There was only one regular seat available after I bought my tickets (they had some handicap seating open).

2 Likes

Saw it at AMC Randhurst (Chicago burbs). Sad turn out as I expected, Maybe 25-30 people max. Likely due to limited promotional budget and only showing one night. Very few young people. Wondering how many went for the Christian massage vs. the pro-2A message? Or, like me, for both? Hoping it does better in on-demand circles. On the plus side, Tim looked like he knew a thing or two about defensive shooting :-). And great USCCA product placement in his cameo and in the father’s wallet. Front and center. Also, good “responsibly armed” messaging throughout the movie. Bam!

PS: Can someone explain to me how the eldest daughter (Sophie?) made the long shots on the antagonists when she was an anti-gun person from childhood? Did I miss something about her training?

3 Likes

Will this come out on DVD??

1 Like

Exactly!!! Another “nit” I had with the movie that I posted about over on the other thread…….:thinking:

2 Likes

@JamesR And wasn’t there a scene where the brother failed to index his AR (or was it just me)?

2 Likes

Yes and a scene where Soffie’s trigger discipline was not the best and all of them were “muzzling” each other during the entire movie!

But again, I was being nit-picky. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe they were just doing this to keep our attention. A USCCA training exercise :wink:

3 Likes

My family went to the theaters last night to see it! It was amazing!!!
I loved the Christian message but it definitely gave me a new drive to accquire wilderness skills and the tools (including an AR-15) to be able to survive something like that. I understand that that was an extreme but it was very very thought provoking. I’m going to try and show this film to my girlfriend’s family and see if I can get them to at least think about reconsidering personal protection. I had her come down to my place and I taught her to shoot and she wants to carry. So she’s on board. But I want her family to be able to protect themselves in a worst case scenario as well. I pray that they are receptive.

2 Likes

@luke_ouellette, in regards to preparation, that’s actually, that’s one of the things I talk about when I talk to people about preparedness…before you start getting your rifle skills tightened up…get your first aid skills squared away, before you by that second rifle, buy a serious first aid bag…read a book or two on growing a square foot garden…make sure you have the capability to purify water…etc.

Protection and defense are very important, but if you don’t have the skills to actually survive (water, food, shelter, medical) what good does it do you? E.g. it does you no good to have a gun, if you don’t have the KSAs (knowledge, skills, ability) to procure safe water.

I think there was a thread on here that talked about several preparedness considerations and gave some resources as to how to pick this knowledge up.

2 Likes

And I completely agree with that James. I’m actually starting to delve into the world of bushcraft. I know some stuff since I live on a farm (such as skinning animals) but I’m working to procure other skills such as first aid, shelter building, fire building, etc.
I’ve been going through several articles recently about it before I saw this movie actually.

2 Likes

I’m trying to remember. What did the two police-possee-minutemen-honchos call themselves when they showed up near the end? They said, “We are the _____ ?”

1 Like