Tim Schmidt letter to Joe Biden and video

Glad to see this video and happy to have read the letter. Recommend all USCCA members do the same. Thanks Tim for fighting on our behalf.

12 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if this is still the same petition we already signed few months ago?

6 Likes

Yeah, vids from 6 months agoā€¦ reciprocity from Biden? Cā€™mon man! Nice thought but we couldnā€™t even get it when we had GOP prez, house and Senate.
I talked with my so called Rep Blumenthal about reciprocity, cripe, 3 years ago or so. He said seeing as some states donā€™t require any training he wasnā€™t keen on folks from those states being able to go to the communist states. I mentioned an amendment, which ended the conversation.

3 Likes

Unless you have video of Tim in the Oval Office I doubt if Sleepy Joe has ever heard of it. :us:

5 Likes

Yes, it is the same petition and the USCCA is still hoping to add more names to that list.

The USCCA For Saving Lives Super Pac (Which is separate from the USCCA Membership Organization) is working to drive attention and action for things such as national reciprocity. While it may be a difficult task under the current administration, it is still something that we must continue to fight for.

6 Likes

Constitutional carry vs. NYCā€¦ unfortunately, in this case, opposites donā€™t attract.
Drives me nuts here in CT. Have CT. and Utah, hopefully adding FL. At present I can make it cross country to WA while able to defend myselfā€¦once I make it through the gauntlet that is every state that surrounds me. I will not set a tire in MA or NJ, and get through NY and PA without stopping in my RV.

3 Likes

Happy anniversary @mattm and carry on. Iā€™m enjoying your input in the community.:+1::+1:

1 Like

Move down here to Mississippi! We are surrounded by 2A friendly neighboring states. We are constitutional carry. So is Tennessee and Arkansas. Louisiana and Alabama may as well be. We are welcoming here just donā€™t bring Connecticut politics! :wink:

5 Likes

We checked East TN in May. Heading out again in the RV in a couple weeks. Checking W VA out , more toward central TN this time, probably visit my son near Chattanooga, then either heading east to Hatteras or west to the desertā€¦ decisions, decisions. May go a totally different direction as well. Had our house under contract in 4 days last May, well over list, and marketing sites are predicting nearly 30 percent housing price increase here over the next year. As bad as we are, NY and NJ are worse.
Love my town, pretty rural, very redā€¦itā€™s the darn state and the neighboring state governments that stink.
Youā€™d like my town. Eff Biden flags here and there, American flags everywhere. 2/1 Trump vote 2016 and 2020.

4 Likes

I was stationed in Groton for a few years and lived in Mystic. I liked it there.

2 Likes

And skeetersšŸ˜‰

4 Likes

They are so bad here in E. Central WI. this year, I get chased out of my back yard. I literally have to carry a can of Raid around with me. (Off does not work.) We have had a lot of good rain this year and only a few bad storms.
The Farmers here are having a bumper crop year, but OMG the SKEETERS! :scream:

2 Likes

Yeah, nice area. Very different from my section, which is hills and woods. I had a sailboat in New London for years, may have seen you go by. I tried exploring the base by dinghy one morning, but a .50 cal on a RIB put a kibosh to that idea real quick :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Bruce26,
I live in Raleigh, NC, thereā€™s a creek across the road so we have mosquitoes year round. I use Repel, it has 40% deet. It might kill me, but all the other stuff I have been exposed to in industry over the years might too. Comes in a squirt bottle so not wasting it with aerosol can. Works pretty good until I sweat it off. A full day of yard work requires 2 applications. Maybe this will help. Been to your area, beautiful country there.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a Constitutional scholar, but Iā€™ve read it and have copies of same posted on a wall, and as a free thinking American, I have often wondered, that the Constitution, as our founding document, is the ā€˜law of the landā€™. Why do individual states think they have the right to usurp its doctrine. As the founding tenets of our freedom, the Constitution should be sacrosanct, with no written provisions held above it.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think youā€™ll get any argument here in the choir, with perhaps a couple exceptions :clown_face:,but yeah, the variation in violation of our ā€œcast in stoneā€ rights and laws has me close to not caring about modern day mandatesā€¦
Glad to have gotten out of the rat race the day talibiden got in. Makes it easier to live my own life, thatā€™s for sure.

3 Likes