Watch "With Gun Rights growing rapidly, is National Reciprocity next?..." on YouTube

4 Likes

Love this and thanks for sharing!

Tim Schmidt’s quote in this video is so true. The USCCA fully supports National Concealed Carry Reciprocity and we hope to see it pass.

If you have not done so already, we would love to have your name added to our petition in support of NCCR. Check that out here: Take Action – National Concealed Carry Reciprocity.

4 Likes

Semi-terrific idea. [Why not national 2A? — already half-way there!]
But I kind of don’t see it in my lifetime.

For a carry permit to be recognized would be as if driver license requirements ranging from:

• “Resident? …M’kay.”
    to
  • “Top Secret Security Clearance, with personal endorsement of a Bonesman in good standing”.

…with 40 or so intermediate flavors in between had suddenly received universal recognition. I don’t see movement on national reciprocity until individual state requirements are much more aligned than currently. Everybody ready for restrictions where there are few — in exchange for freedoms where there are few?

Didn’t think so. I signed Tim’s petition last year, anyway. How’s that been going? Are we there yet?

2 Likes

Not until the House, Senate, and Presidency flip.

1 Like

Too many blue states!

2 Likes

We had that for the first two years of Trump and not a single pro 2A bill was passed. In fact Trump ended up successfully pushing more anti 2A actions in his 4 years than Obama did in his 8.

I’m not holding my breath on National reciprocity though I would love to not have my Constitutionally protected 2A rights taken away from me when I cross State lines.

5 Likes

BTDT. Other problems; no solutions.

1 Like

I remember when Tim Schmidt first wrote to Biden about a gun control item the USSCA would support. If I remember correctly, which I do, I didn’t make it past the headline before I got all indignant and called the USSCA and went full on Karen on the supervisor. He listened to me and was waaaay more polite to me than I was to him.

After I stopped blowing and going :roll_eyes: he asked me if I had read the full letter. Filled with my self righteousness I said “no, because I am a ride or die Constitutional Absolutist any gun control is a no” (unless you are talking about using both hands on your handgun).

He then tells me it was for National Reciprocity. At this point I know I am an idiot. I start laughing :rofl: . I asked him how long he had been waiting to say that. He said shortly after he picked up. So being the smarta$$ that I am. I told him. Just consider this hot mess as having been a down payment for something that I had missed where the USCCA was wrong :rofl::joy::coin: . I then apologized and we started chatting about Guns and stuff.

P.S. They are genuinely nice people. They should be the Gold Standard for customer service.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story and the kind words about our customer service team. We strive to offer the best service to all who reach out to us.

I do remember that letter and how it frustrated some. It’s definitely understandable to be concerned without reading the whole thing. I can assure you that Tim and the USCCA will always support making it easier for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families.

3 Likes