National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

I am not completely sold on National Reciprocity. The hairs stand up on the back of my neck anytime the government takes control. If we ask and receive National Reciprocity is that not also similar to getting a driver’s license and turning a liberty and inherent right into a privilege.

My personal opinion is that we need to force jurisdictions to follow the constitution and force them to acknowledge and understand “shall not be infringed”! We can do this through the electoral system. Put in candidates that work for US and not the other way around. We need to hold them responsible for non-action as well as wrong action.

It is an uphill battle, but I am weary of giving up a right to obtain a privilege.

7 Likes

So, you do not think it has not already become a privilege? You do not have to have a background check to buy a gun? Just asking.

6 Likes

What would they be taking control over?

3 Likes

2A says it is a right…not a privilege that needs legislation to allow. Doesn’t matter if you are buying or carrying, our elected non American patriots need to stand up on one side of the fence or the other. The British learned the hard way.
The Japanese knew not to invade us. Our elected woke wannabe leaders want to bribe us with cell towers and bike paths…aahh hell if you don’t realize what’s going on it’s a waste of my time to ‘rant’

4 Likes

If most states, because all won’t, would just decide to do so themselves we wouldn’t need the feds. Each state could just decide to offer reciprocity with every other state.

5 Likes

REALLY; are you following the failures as opposed to their successes of this Government, on gun issues? States already have reciprocity. I recently moved to Ohio from Missouri and contacted the Butler County Sheriff’s Department, asking about reciprocity between Missouri and Ohio and Ohio recognizes CCW from Missouri. I also found out I do not have to apply for a new CCW until my Missouri CCW expires.

3 Likes

This is a Constitutional Carry failure, you have to register one place or another. Success is without infringement !!

3 Likes

Not with EVERY other state. I sure don’t want the feds running a national reciprocity licensing program if that means a license application process through some federal bureau, like the ATF or FBI, for example. That then is essentially a registry of every licensed gun owner in America. No thanks!

5 Likes

I sure don’t want the feds running a national reciprocity licensing program if that means a license application process through some federal bureau, like the ATF or FBI, for example.

Most CCW applications already go through the FBI. That is part of the fingerprint process.

5 Likes

Well aware. However, “The NICS is not to be used to establish a federal firearm registry. Information about an inquiry resulting in a firearms receipt or transfer is destroyed, per NICS regulations.” Quoted from FBI site. Can we trust that such records are truly destroyed? Doubtful. However, if the feds decided to create a federal, national, licensing arm…I bet any such records WOULD become a national gun registry.

4 Likes

I do not think it is a privilege because of a background check, but getting close. They keep scratching away at our liberties. They do not want to make it a privilege, they want to take all away from us forever.

Have a nice day
Bill

5 Likes