National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

I am not completely sold on National Reciprocity. The hairs stand up on the back of my neck anytime the government takes control. If we ask and receive National Reciprocity is that not also similar to getting a driver’s license and turning a liberty and inherent right into a privilege.

My personal opinion is that we need to force jurisdictions to follow the constitution and force them to acknowledge and understand “shall not be infringed”! We can do this through the electoral system. Put in candidates that work for US and not the other way around. We need to hold them responsible for non-action as well as wrong action.

It is an uphill battle, but I am weary of giving up a right to obtain a privilege.

14 Likes

So, you do not think it has not already become a privilege? You do not have to have a background check to buy a gun? Just asking.

6 Likes

What would they be taking control over?

4 Likes

2A says it is a right…not a privilege that needs legislation to allow. Doesn’t matter if you are buying or carrying, our elected non American patriots need to stand up on one side of the fence or the other. The British learned the hard way.
The Japanese knew not to invade us. Our elected woke wannabe leaders want to bribe us with cell towers and bike paths…aahh hell if you don’t realize what’s going on it’s a waste of my time to ‘rant’

6 Likes

If most states, because all won’t, would just decide to do so themselves we wouldn’t need the feds. Each state could just decide to offer reciprocity with every other state.

5 Likes

REALLY; are you following the failures as opposed to their successes of this Government, on gun issues? States already have reciprocity. I recently moved to Ohio from Missouri and contacted the Butler County Sheriff’s Department, asking about reciprocity between Missouri and Ohio and Ohio recognizes CCW from Missouri. I also found out I do not have to apply for a new CCW until my Missouri CCW expires.

4 Likes

This is a Constitutional Carry failure, you have to register one place or another. Success is without infringement !!

4 Likes

Not with EVERY other state. I sure don’t want the feds running a national reciprocity licensing program if that means a license application process through some federal bureau, like the ATF or FBI, for example. That then is essentially a registry of every licensed gun owner in America. No thanks!

6 Likes

I sure don’t want the feds running a national reciprocity licensing program if that means a license application process through some federal bureau, like the ATF or FBI, for example.

Most CCW applications already go through the FBI. That is part of the fingerprint process.

5 Likes

Well aware. However, “The NICS is not to be used to establish a federal firearm registry. Information about an inquiry resulting in a firearms receipt or transfer is destroyed, per NICS regulations.” Quoted from FBI site. Can we trust that such records are truly destroyed? Doubtful. However, if the feds decided to create a federal, national, licensing arm…I bet any such records WOULD become a national gun registry.

6 Likes

I do not think it is a privilege because of a background check, but getting close. They keep scratching away at our liberties. They do not want to make it a privilege, they want to take all away from us forever.

Have a nice day
Bill

6 Likes

What part of everyday man’s life is not controlled right now? We are just in illusions of having freedom in reality there is no freedom starting from simple things like buying groceries to buy anything.
Each aspect is controlled either by means of government or by means of private industry and thus ultimately government and this whoever is running the country!!!

3 Likes

You have a defeatist and pessimistic way of looking at things. You can buy your groceries anywhere you want whether a grocery store or farmers market. You have the choice to buy the brands you want or if you do not want to make purchases you can make your own breads, grow your own vegetables, purchase meat from local farmers, or even hunt or trap for your meat. If you are in a place that you cannot do these things you Chose to live there either for convenience or necessity. Your choices may be for you not wanting to deal with traffic or travel time so you choose public transportation. You choose the area because it is close to diners/restaurants to include your favorite. There are a myriad of reasons but you still choose.
Those are freedoms of choice and not the government dictating. If you allow them to dictate then you have lost liberty and freedom. That is resolved by the ballot box, emphasizing LOCAL-STATE-FEDERAL. You make very general no freedom, but let’s hear specifics that the government and private industry controls where you have no choice?

3 Likes

The answer is State Constitutional Carry. Idaho already allows ANY American citizen who isn’t otherwise legally prohibited from having a firearm to carry openly or concealed - no permit needed. The more states we can push Constitutional Carry through, the less need there will be for permits at all.

5 Likes

My friend try to understand no one has any interest in what I eat because they know how many brand are being sold in super market and how to control that. I may grow my own vegetables or trap meat but seeds as you know are genetically modified so consequences are known.
Again in modern time money controls everything!! Do you think when we earn the paycheck that paycheck is not accounted for? Trust me every month we are turning the wheel that wheel is generating more and more power for them who are at top!
I love this country, you are right, the choices that you can make here may not be available in some part of the world, the lawful, ethical society that this one is, May not be everywhere in world!
Having said that, we are going into era where money domination in increasingly high!!! What appears to be the choices, are predefined…e.g. social media … do you know how many algorithms are written to get one pop up or advise on your device? Pay attention if you are passing from route where you buy pizza you will get coupon for pizza. One
Might say what is wrong in getting coupon? Well nothing but getting coupon is 1% your benefit and remaining 99% corporate who is building database of your habits and pattern…so next time they can predict your next step…you might feel it was your choice but no…paper was set by someone else… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope there’s no “license” for a constitutional right, every state just needs constitutional carry the constitution is for ALL states.

3 Likes

I understand your thought process and do not necessarily disagree with your assumptions. I agree that money domination is high, and the elitists are striving to gain more power with it. And that data is recorded and kept to as you say “to predict your next step” but I also still believe we can change this by the electorate holding those accountable. The issue is sitting back and giving up because the damage is done or stepping up to fix what you can. A whole lot of little fixes grow into big fixes. Have a good day.

3 Likes

I totally agree with that! I believe in fighting to the last breath…however, need to know opponent before starting the fight and than never stop!

2 Likes

I understand and appreciate the concern. However, on balance, we would be better off with federally-mandated reciprocity than without it, WHILE we continue to work on “uninfringed” right to carry nationwide. We are just not there yet. And we get closer the more states that we have access to, and people see that law abiding citizen concealed carry is not a social problem. For me, I’d rather have a little less infringement while we work on complete removal of infringement.

2 Likes

I respect your opinion and appreciate rational thought. But liberty lost is unlikely to be gained back.

2 Likes