This makes me angry

What many governors are doing is unconstitutional, both at the Federal level and the state level. Most public servants in high office swear an oath to office, “. . . To preserve and support the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.” As such what they’re doing is not only illegal but could technically be called treason, could it not? Therefore would it be possible and/or appropriate to present two said public servant/governor’s office and perform a citizen’s arrest of the governor? Realizing this could vary from state to state depending on the specific laws, would this be a more effective action to take? As an event that would be more effective go to the governor’s office as a group of five, 10, 20 citizens?

5 Likes

Gary10, I kind of like the idea of "citizens arresting " the governor. Maybe if it happened in just one state it would get the attention of all the elected officials. I sent a note to one of our(Michigan) senators suggesting she should stick with her oath to preserve and support the constitution. She replied in a way that could be described as angry. Then she voted for some anti-rights bill!

4 Likes

The trouble with going over the top is that the message gets lost in the behavior. Nobody hears the message.

5 Likes

Can’t tell you who did it but I can give a general description of HIM and his gun.

1 Like

One could make the argument that headline-only voters are going to see twisted truths at best anyway, and that the only way they might actually look further is for something truly outrageous. At that point, they might start digging past other headlines as well.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I disagree. Freedom does not allow you to do whatever you want, whenever you want. I will grant you that hanging the governor in effigy is protected symbolic speech Under the Constitution. That does not mean it is right, effective or does not come with consequences. At least of of those involved was fired by their employer. And this act has been construed to be a representation of all present at the Patriot Rally and further on all Second Amendment supporters.

5 Likes

To Scott52
Not only is it our right under the Constitution of the United States to choose our government, which exists by the power we the people vest in government, if the government is not functioning as it is supposed to it is our responsibility to make changes to correct that dis-function, to return to the proper balance and function as originally designed and intended. Ultimately the proper function of government is in the hands of the governed, that is how this democratic Republic was established back in the 1770’s.

3 Likes

Could not agree more. However, the 1st place we need to go to affect that change is the ballot box. I live in Virginia, once one of the most free states, now under leftist rule. We lost this state because only 39% of registered republicans voted in the last election. We lost because we were lazy and complacent, Period.
I fully understand the Sic Semper Tyranis boogaloo boys position, but we need to stop being reactionary, on election day, put the beer down, get off the couch and vote.

5 Likes

I agree completely! There’s the old adage, “Don’t Vote, Don’t B!tch!”

4 Likes

Freedom without restriction is called anarchy. It’s great fun for a weekend but quickly becomes tedious and a lot of work. Your freedom ends where mine begins.

On another note, anybody notice what’s going on in Minneapolis, Atlanta, New York, etc? Makes some fun with effigies seem sorta harmless. Tacky, but harmless.

4 Likes

Thats because the republicans didn’t ask them their for security the protest organizers did. They wanted it to look like a show of force. They may have been played but it wasn’t by the politicians. They put all the focus on them because all the focus was on them. The police and everyone had to be hyper alert incase a problem did break out. The media said Michigan Liberty Militia stood guard with weapons and tactical gear, their faces partially covered and later entered the building armed which is legal, they entered with other protesters demanding to be let on the house floor which is not allowed, and later in the senate gallery they were yelling at some of the senators.

Now I don’t know about you but that doesn’t sound like armed guards that sounds like protestors that chose to be armed. So I didn’t see what was made up or false in that statement by the media.

I am sure some don’t see a problem with it, and days later there was already a meeting about changing the law. Michigan has some good laws on the books and doesn’t need any more that don’t do anything to improve gun rights.

Michigan is not the south where seeing guns out in general public all the time isn’t going to shock most people. You force it down the legislators throat and carry sporting rifles when yelling at people who get death threats all the time, you are going to see new laws not in favor of us gun owners. This wasn’t a gun rights protest or a rally, although it ended up looking a lot more like a political rally than it did a stay at home protest.

I don’t support new gun laws, and I also can’t support trying to use a shock and awe intimidation at a stay at home protest. That is going to cause new laws. We have a right to carry open in Michigan if we want to keep that right we need to be smart about it like those that carry for self defense, and the next law might be in our favor. I support militia and most train hard, take care of their members and try to promote responsible gun ownership. These guys went about it wrong. It takes a few to get a law against us, and thousands to get a law for us. Do you really think most michiganders would loosening restrictions after that, probably not, but they would support tighter laws, no matter how many statistics we show them.

Intimidation gets us nowhere, now if they were helping police keep the protestors back and trying to keep cooler heads than everyone else, the report in the news may have been much different. There is a time for peace and time for action, we will all be there when action is needed.

3 Likes

That would be a good way to change that. Now you just have to motivate a lot of others to do the same. Organize an effort to get it done. Do you know who the local Republican leaders are to help with this effort? Or start a grass roots movement yourself.

2 Likes

Congratulations! You bought the media BULL$H!T hype hook, line and sinker! Way to be a sheep!

Did MLM go into the capitol building armed? Yup!
Did MLM yell and scream at security, police and senators? NOPE!

The now famous picture of a man screaming in the faces of police is not a militia member. In fact, he was a leftwing Bernie Sanders supporter who was there protesting the treatment of 3 women who were physically assaulted by capitol security the day before. The three women had press passes and were allowed to be where they were, yet one was given a concussion after being dragged head first through the benches.

Seriously, there’s more than enough live stream saved footage to prove everything I’ve said and disprove the media narrative. Do your own research instead of letting Communist News Network spoon feed you propaganda.

4 Likes

That all depends on you idea of freedom. What you see happening now is an extended version of what happens when people don’t have freedom without the heavy boot of law enforcement.

3 Likes

And without Law Enforcement we would have complete anarchy. As you can see.
When you start looting and burning you lost your cause, all people will remember is the looting and burning. That is what I will remember.

5 Likes

I appreciate your view, I don’t follow the news but I do research many topics. I will admit I only looked into this for a couple hours but I won’t use youtube as a media source. Youtube videos also showed 5g was killing everyone and bill gates was microchiping the vaccine. I just watched one the other day that showed mail in voter fraud in Philadelphia that was actually voting booth fraud. I prefer to start with the communist news and expand my research from there. By the way no one ever said the guy screaming at the cop was militia, so I would check that source. Don’t take me wrong I know Fox, CNN, MSNBC all post one side of a story but they usually cite the source of the story which allows you to follow it back to the source for the other side.

3 Likes

Just a reminder. This really is as old as American politics. But now…?

4 Likes

This leaves me at a loss for words just as the riots do. These actions simply are not OK.

2 Likes

a group of kids torched a local playground. It breaks my heart. So much effort went into it. Pretty sure it’s all related

2 Likes

I have to be with on this one as well. Just because Nancy Pelosi can tear up the presidents speech on national television, it doesn’t mean we can do the same thing and get the same portrayal in the media. Doing something like hanging a person in effigy when you say you want your rights to be respected, is very much like handing your opponent a stick to beat you with. You may have the right to do it, but that does not mean it’s helpful to you, or any of the others who believe what you do.

2 Likes