This is crazy

8 Likes

They have been triggered by Bruen and motivated to do something no matter how stupid it is!

When it comes to the left:

16 Likes

So, what should/can individuals do in response?

Bear in mind that the majority of the eligible electorate does not vote, so electoral appeals or hoping that with enough publicity, “the people” will rise up and kick such charlatans out of office or that Republicans who are consumed with social issues will act is, essentially, magical thinking. Unlike Republicans, Dems get stuff done in DC over the long run. After all, for one example, who’da thought that Obamacare would become law dramatically raising health insurance prices for average Americans.

Bury firearms in the yard? Save up to pay the tax stamp? Hope that the tax will apply to evil black rifles and not wood and steel firearms (M1As, M1 carbines, Mini-14s) and stock up on the latter?

6 Likes

This is what “hidden” authoritarianism looks like! They won’t/can’t pass laws to outright outlaw behavior or goods either because it looks bad or there’s a pesky constitution in the way. Instead, “you will comply with my authority” anyway by means of making the behavior or goods unobtainable. It’s a very ugly side of our so called “representatives”.

6 Likes

How can idiots tax something that doesn’t exist?
I don’t think any of us owns an “assault” rifle!

Furthermore, if they are going to be this ridiculous, I recommend we increase the minimum wage to $2,000.00 an hour! Now, who in their right mind is going to argue with that, it’s just common sense wages!
Yes, I understand that a burger and fries are going to cost a little more! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! It’s their game, we just need to learn how to cheat at their game, the very same way they did for the election!

C’mon, just stick that little idea of $2,000.00 minimum wage into the right persons ear, I think it’s called “Inception”. That’s the game they are playing. With the understanding they are not joking. so I suggest we get extremely serious and remember what the 2A is for! It ain’t for hunting deer!

5 Likes

Find a guy named Vinny selling AR’s out of the trunk of his '67 Caddy. He doesn’t charge sales tax. No paperwork either. A decision like this (barring the usury laws) will revamp the existing garden industry.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert: Vinny is a fed

Follow up visit TBD

5 Likes

Given the similarities between our current economic situation and that of the Weimar Republic in Germany back in the 20s and 30s that minimum wage rate may be just around the corner.

This tactic is very similar to that used with the NFA $200 tax/fee. That was a whole lot of money back in 1934 even though it barely buys a night on the town for two these days. I would argue that the NFA was just as ridiculously designed and unconstitutional as this crazy proposal.

6 Likes

Absolutely that was IMO clearly the intent of the $200 tax stamp.

These days it’s less about the $200 and more about the ridiculousness of the red tape. Application requirements, wait time, 5320.20 requirements for interstate transport, illegality of letting anybody possess it other than those it is registered to by name, difficulty in selling, etc.

7 Likes

Value of $200 from 1934 to 2023

$200 in 1934 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $4,553.87 today, an increase of $4,353.87 over 89 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.57% per year between 1934 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 2,176.93%.

This means that today’s prices are 22.77 times as high as average prices since 1934, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index. A dollar today only buys 4.392% of what it could buy back then.

The inflation rate in 1934 was 3.08%. The current inflation rate compared to last year is now 2.97%. If this number holds, $200 today will be equivalent in buying power to $205.94 next year. The current inflation rate page gives more detail on the latest inflation rates.

5 Likes

Anything even a paper clip could be deemed an assault weapon the second you pick it up and attack someone with it! It’s simply a term created by the liberals to cause uneducated ignorant people to fear guns and push for gun control. After all an unarmed people are a compliant people!

7 Likes

This basically says poor people shouldn’t own guns. I don’t think this is the winning flex they think it is… but one thing I’ve come to understand is that politicians that propose stupid ideas like this are in and of themselves morons. This goes nowhere.

5 Likes

YEP, “This is Crazy”. This is our federal government today. If I can’t make it illegal. If I can’t scare you out of it. If I can’t get your neighbors to shame you to stop it. I’ll tax the piss out of it.

8 Likes

Our government has become Kings George’s parliamentary government! We will soon be protesting taxation without representation.

7 Likes

And those numbers are not including the fuzzy math the government started using back in the 80s to make inflation appear significantly lower than it actually is. For instance instead of noting that the price for steak has gone up they calculate that people will stop buying steak and start buying hamburger. Voila! No more inflation since people are assumed to switch to cheaper products and not pay much extra at the grocery store even though the price of both steak and hamburger went up significantly.

Guess we all better start stocking up on Spam since we’ll be lucky if we can afford that soon.

4 Likes

Even in my lifetime prices have gone up tremendously, I can remember gas being 15 cents a gallon when I was a kid,

10 Likes

Figures don’t lie, but liars figure.

7 Likes

Should have been yesterday!

Ancient flash mob!

5 Likes

Now don’t go messing with a southerners iced tea! :rofl:

7 Likes

Elite Democrats and some Republicans living in cities have lost any sense of what people live like and think out in the Country.

5 Likes