The Threat of Nuclear War

You are a good troll, not so good at internet. Hi! :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I was not trolling you, I was honest. That site I posted was one of the first results I got using the highlighted text, just like you said. It also returned a site that my Internet security warned against going to, and the other was the site you just listed.

I have never needed a plagiarism site, so I never looked for one. I would not know if the one you used is reliable or not. Just like my Internet search was not the best using your highlighted text. But at least you provided the link to your information, so I guess my response was effective. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You can post however you want, I’m just giving you feedback.
When you give us info and then say we have to find your source… I’m not going to.

2 Likes

Then just hide my posts. It gets tiring to make a complete concise post on a subject and then get “Pic’s or it didn’t happen”.

That post was not to you it was @Shamrock. He and I have had this happen before.

As for the SPR, I said I didn’t want to take up space in the forum on esoteric information, so I said lets take it to PM’s.

I was a Forensic Accountant before I got medically retired, so i read alot of different Industry publications.

I am well aware of that. As this is a public forum, that is irrelevant. I have been called out in the past for not citing a link - the one time I did not - so I make it a point to do so, if I am going to cite something. Otherwise, I just give my opinion. If you cite the link, it does not take up any space, if you hyperlink the text. It saves the trouble you got into.

I don’t believe he was trying to do a “gotcha” moment as in other forums, where you cite a source and it is trashed as biased. Due to that bs, I typically keep my sources to government and/or edu type sites, such as when I cite the ATF in regard to firearm regulations, while pointing out their ridiculous regs (too easy to do).

1 Like

I didn’t get into trouble, I just don’t choose to waste alot of time on frivolous arguments with posters that I know are going to change the topic 3-4 times. Again not my first time dealing with @Shamrock. I stop by 3-4 times a day to see if any new posts have came out that are interesting to me. This is pretty much the only forum I post on.

See, this is how nuclear wars get started. :rofl:

2 Likes

A former state rep (D, a Big D, also a Democrat :sunglasses: ), said I would sell nukes to Al Queda. Ouade5, your id is close enough to that for me. Oh, wait, I don’t have any to sell you right now. :rofl: Let me get back to you on that… :sunglasses:

OK, let me know. I’m pretty cheap.
Wait, what are we talking about?

1 Like

I thought you might want some defensive arms… just as a deterrent, of course… :sunglasses: It’s the same strat the USA uses, so it should work.

Oh, I see. You’re selling them to me. I thought you were renting out my body.
I’m not really in the market for nuclear weapons, right now. I’d need a bigger garage, first.

No, I do not have any to sell. But my state rep suggested I was a criminal and an international nuclear weapons dealer. When I asked why he would label me a criminal, he stated I was putting words in his mouth. I stated, what else would I be by your statement that I would sell nuclear weapons to Al Queda? He had no real answer to that, of course, except to state that he did not call me a criminal. Lawyer-speak, he did not use that word, true, but there, of course, would be no other rational/reasonable conclusion to his statement about me.

It was this guy:

1 Like

That seems to be a common play, especially the past couple of years.

• Politician says “2 + 2 = 7”
  • Journalist asks why politician said “2 + 2 = 7”
  • Politician (or press secretary) denies that politician ever said “2 + 2 = 7”
  • Journalist plays video where politician clearly says “2 + 2 = 7”
  • Politician (or press secretary) tells us not to believe our lying ears
  • Journalists who continue to ask are branded as extremists
4 Likes

And yet, the same concerns should apply and then some. But, in any case, just know, if you see the flash, start counting, and if you hear the bang just know it won’t be long (generically speaking).

1 Like

If you see the Flash hit the ground then start counting, even better, find a barrier of some type, then start counting. Most blindness will end after 30 minutes, however some may be permanent. Rather drop and not be hit by debris and left to die. Really despicable that this is an issue and one needs to know. Of course political elite, top military, gov’t agency bureaucrats and some billionaires will know first before the blast and hide in facilities funded by our tax dollars.

4 Likes

I recall the military task for nuclear blast said to lay face-down, head towards blast. I can’t recall why.

1 Like

Depending on where it strikes and the type of burst (air, surface, or sub-surface), a great many will not even have a chance. Vaporization will be instantaneous, or super quick. Unless they have a leaded barrier or shelter dug really deep and stocked and assuming they can get to it, chances of survival are still slim, and for those that do will find life very differently due to radiation sickness, and money and status won’t mean anything, and everything that is not buttoned down will be contaminated. And who has biological agent detection kits with them, biological masks with enough filters to sustain them, or biological suits and gloves. Yeah, only the super wealthy, may be able to fare just a little better than most, while the government will be closed up and buttoned down. Denial will be the thing that will hurt most, people will be frozen by their unbelief. We don’t drill like we used to when I was a kid. But there is probably somebody up in the hills that have been preparing for such an event.

1 Like

I thought the whole point in nuclear strike is that the top, who are likely culpable for the situation, get to smell hot plutonium before anyone else, so they are reluctant to go this far. With the latest Russian hypersonic Zircons and Avantgardes, this seems as assured as ever.

I’m not sure that’s true. There are many covert ways to reach the people at the top. Strategically, a nuclear attack would be more like carpet-bombing than an assassination.

1 Like

Do you have a hardened shelter under your house or place of work? Guess who does…

The people share the burdens imposed on those they have elected them to represent them.

There are plenty of tunnels and hardened shelters under government buildings in DC. Why do you think they do not fear even hypersonic missiles?

1 Like