The realities of body armor effectiveness in civilian life

Sweet! That looks awesome. I’m not familiar with that brand but it certainly looks like quality gear. Are those steel plates?

2 Likes

@Jeff-A1 I like your idea on load out. I always make it a point to keep the chest area clear. It’s not uncommon to see pistol holsters there, but tactically it makes no sense. The chest need to remain clear for your butt stock, and in my experience the less cluttered your kit the better.

4 Likes

@MarineGrunt The plates are Level IV encapsulated ceramic. At my age I needed to go light. Hard to take cover when you have a bunch of gear on your chest. Plenty of room in the cummerbund for a magazine or two. Rifle shoulders well. @AdamHutch My son-in-law gave me a Benchmade Adamas I could mount. Now to find a descent battle-belt without breaking the bank. Might stop by the Quantico PX on the way home this afternoon. If it isn’t dumping buckets tomorrow I will slip off to the range and run that new can :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have always dismissed the idea of body armor as a civilian. With the current climate in this country, I am seriously reconcidering

5 Likes

No luck at Quantico but I did order a HSG Battle Belt from LAPG this weekend. That should be enough real-estate to hold my new pouches and a Bianchi M-9 Holster.

4 Likes

@RUGER9 I’m with you. I was fortunate to be paranoid enough BEFORE poop hit the proverbial fan. Lead times were still insane then, but I’m glad I have some armor on hand just in case.

5 Likes