The new reality

If an officer commits a crime at a scene, is it not a crime scene?

"A narcotics officer with the Baton Rouge Police Department was booked into jail Friday night, accused of stealing drugs seized as evidence and giving them to his friend.

The officer was identified as Corporal Jason Acree, 34, a narcotics detective who has served with the department for the past 12 years. He was booked into jail Friday evening.

The arrest came after another officer witnessed Acree stealing marijuana that had been seized as evidence during a recent narcotics investigation, according to his arrest warrant. Acree admitted to the other officer that he was planning to give the drugs to his friend, the warrant says." BRPD narcotics officer arrested for dealing drugs after investigation into 'police corruption'

Just guessing, but the place the evidence was stored would be a crime scene, as they would have to investigate to see what was stolen and what remained.

5 Likes

No. The initial crime scene was the man dealing drugs. The point you and Lu-can miss is that police officers do not just drop out of the sky; they appear only when a (suspected) crime has been committed. Nice try.

I guess Lu-Can is trying to say cops regularly shoot black men who have not committed a crime.

Wow… You might want to read more comments by @Lu-Can. He appears to be a quite honorable, honest and reasonable fellow.

And? The officer committed a crime, too. So what does that make him? A criminal, no? That also makes where he committed the crime, a crime scene. What is making you defend these criminals that wear a badge and swore an oath?

I am quite certain no one here believes that most LEOs are criminals, but as in any group there are “bad apples”.

3 Likes

I never said Lu-Can was not an honorable, honest and reasonable fellow.

I am not defending cops who commit crimes. I agree the cop that appeared at the initial crime (someone selling drugs) scene committed a crime.

My point is that law enforcement officers are at crime scenes because a crime has been committed. In other words, if someone does not commit a crime they will not be viewed as a suspect by a law enforcement officer.

Please provide an example of what you are talking about. Thanks.

OK, what about a cop that steals, like the example I gave… Or a cop that steals from the department?

A crime scene, by definition, is the place a crime occurred.

Here: New Haven cop arrested in DUI crash that killed fellow officer leaves jail, hires well-known Las Vegas lawyer

If you get a ticket for running a stop sign, you can introduce evidence that the stop sign was not visible to the judge. Or, the cop can introduce evidence that is was visible. The place was a “crime scene”.

3 Likes

OK. A Texas jury rejected former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger’s self-defense claims and convicted her of murder on Tuesday in the fatal 2018 shooting of an innocent man eating ice cream in his own home after mistaking his apartment for her own.

The 12-member jury reached its verdict after deliberating for less than two days. Guyger stood as Dallas County District Court Judge Tammy Kemp read the decision.

“We the jury unanimously find the defendant Amber Guyger guilty of murder as charged in the indictment,” Kemp read. Amber Guyger convicted of murder in wrong-apartment killing of innocent man - ABC News

3 Likes

Good on you. I should have been more detailed and written something like where a cop was dispatched to a scene or was serving a warrant, etc.

I think Lu-Can had something else in mind beside a cop making an honest mistake.

You are dismissed.

wow… you are unreal.

1 Like

Moving the goal posts huh? :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you brother @Dave17 , I appreciate you and what you said.

There are just some that makes themselves think just because a person is in law enforcement they are good.

There have been many priest/preacher’s which have done wrong. We are all only human and humans are subjected to do wrong at some point in life. We must first realize we all have faults and strive to keep our faults at bay. But there are some which believe others are above/ superior than others.

6 Likes

Ok @Mike270 , Let’s say you are a young teen around the age of 13 or 14. You and 2 of your friends are walking to the store to buy whatever and a cop car roll upon you all. They get out and tell you all to put up you all hands and strat searching you’ll. When things are over, you and your friends just turn and go back home because the little money you guys had is now in the cops pocket. Has a crime been committed, a crime scene and who is the criminal?

5 Likes

I pray no one starts to feel I am against LEO’S, I am not and had the desire to become a police in Chicago even though I got robbed more by cops than gang members.

6 Likes

I don’t think so at all. We all have our life experiences, and that is how we view things in life. There is no right or wrong way to look at experience, it just is. The right or wrong was how the experience happened to us.

I hope that makes sense… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Part of the great thing about this forum, and why we’re so protective of it, is that people can bring their ideas and experiences. We all also have to take our flack for them! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone can make up a fantasy story.

I was walking one day, a super model approaches and offers me a million dollars to sleep with her.

1 Like

You’re tone is pretty disrespectful toward @Lu-Can to be honest. I’ve never read anything from him that was lopsided or anti-police. He’s had life experiences that perhaps you have not. @Lu-Can and I probably come from worlds apart. But, the guy has my respect.

I for one, don’t think that he is making up a fantasy story.

6 Likes

My new reality is to mind my own F*****g business, make my wife happy & figure out how to get another gun without her knowing about it. I stopped watching the news and my anxiety level is never been better. I still write & record music but am retired form performing. I do research in consumer electronics related to A/V, home theatre and pro sound. I read the bible and talk about God with my crazy friends who are still alive & don’t take myself very seriously

4 Likes

I hope you took her up on it before you woke up. :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you my brother @Frank73 , I have learned in life there is always one in the crowd but I love @Mike270 and respect his opinion. All need to do if he like verification is become a young black teen in the projects of Chicago, I am sure there are still a few cops which I speak on still in the hood, he could join me this weekend. I will meet him in Inglewood since I have have there I have too visit. :joy:

3 Likes