The Badass President

There’s some debate about the authenticity of this claim, but if true, RR was certainly one badass president!

13 Likes

I had read that “rumor” before. Lots on a google search. :us:
P.S. Do you think he needed a CC license?

4 Likes

Who was going to stop him?!?! :wink:

5 Likes

That’s pretty interesting given his anti gun moves as Governor of CA and his ardent support for the assault weapons ban after his presidency.

“no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons” - Ronald Reagan some time before signing the Mulford act of 1967 into law. Guess only the “important” people have a right to defend themselves.

6 Likes

As the president of the U.S. he was one bad dude. We need more like him and also ones that believe in the 2A.

6 Likes

Hmmm….what would RR be doing about Vladimir Putin right now???

1 Like

Putin would not be doing it if RR was President. The same if Trump was president. This country has no leadership so Putin will have his way.

12 Likes

Historians tell us a number of former President’s carried concealed handguns, including:

• George Washington (matched Damascus Saddle pistols)
  • Thomas Jefferson (A dueling pistol and a pocket pistol)
  • U.S. Grant (.32 S&W Model 1 1/2)
  • Andrew Jackson (numerous handguns)
  • Teddy Roosevelt (FN M1900)
  • Harry Truman (Colt 1911 and Jesse James’ guns)
  • Dwight Eisenhower (Detective Special)
  • Ronald Reagan (.38 Special)
    and, Eleanor Roosevelt had a concealed carry permit (no confirmation she actually carried)
8 Likes

RR was called The Great Communicator for a reason. He had charisma, he had class. He spoke about Soviet leaders tough but without insult. Modern counterparts, staff have gutter manners, which matches the gutter press.

9 Likes

Biden stamped Chinese tin cap gun… unloaded.

6 Likes

Thought Biden only carried his trusty double barrel shotgun? I hear the repair bills at the White House have gone way up because he just fires both barrels into the ceiling every time he feels threatened.

8 Likes

Funny photo caption from that story:
Above, stock image of a .38mm handgun

2 Likes

If I was POTUS there wouldnt be any golfing on my free time. Rather, as Commander in Chief of the military I would pick a base, USMC or Army, and go shooting. Then chow with the troops and back to the office. Imagine the look of the gun grabber faces when I picked up a M4 and did room clearing drills and then hit the range with a Sniper rifle.

13 Likes

I would have to agree with that assessment. Even if the rumor of him being armed is not true. He goes down in my book as certainly the best president in my lifetime. It would have been amusing if one of those who drew a gun at the time of the attempt by John Hinckley on his life were the president himself. That, realistically would not happen though. His protection detail reacted so fast in getting him out of the line of fire that he would not have had time to return fire.

6 Likes

Yeah, Reagan has definitely been put on a pedestal. Nothing against the man, but let’s not pretend he was perfect. No one is.

8 Likes

RR did come to the rescue of a nurse once. He had a 1911, but no ammo for it.

4 Likes

I believe Reagan might have carried when he was at his SoCal Ranch where he rode horses a lot in the surrounding sticks.

5 Likes

I seem to have the opposite problem occasionally…

I’m not saying Reagan wasn’t a b’dass, but if we’re shooting the sheet about which POTUS is “The Badass President,” Reagan probably wouldn’t be my first pick.

Teddy Roosevelt was certifiably badass. Andrew Jackson, too.

6 Likes