Texas School Shooting

I expect to get flagged by those who are easily offended.

4 Likes

Not me, sir. I agree. I got your back. Guess to have some for the “GODLESS” comment.

4 Likes

They are not gun free zones? What the deuce?

I had to block my childhood best friend Pat and give him the fu- He is one of those dumb @$$ who thinks more gun control will help. The Sheep. I am pretty tired of folks like Patrick. I am banning all none sense in my old age-

7 Likes

However, as your post shows, one is required to be a CC holder and a rifle would not be a CC firearm. Not likely he was a CC holder. He may have been legally “allowed” to own the rifle, but not “allowed” to possess it on school property. Then there’s that old law about murder. Apparently, it is not the outdated Constitution that is the problem as at least one individual on this site seems to believe.

3 Likes

There is always talk about what to do in the schools to make them more secure. Most of the time they are trying to settle on one grandiose one size fits all solution and nothing gets accomplished. A very low cost approach would be to tap into the volunteers that are in the communities. See how many would be willing to act as school monitors on a rotating basis. Give them a panic button to sound a lock down alarm and a radio to report to local security or law enforcement about the alarm. If they qualify for concealed carry and are willing to be armed, so much the better. Just be sure to vet any volunteers.

As far as prevention is concerned, there needs to be consequences that are so unattractive that few would be compelled to commit one of these horrific events. It would need to be strictly enforced and only used when it is proven you have the actual killer. Along with this, there should be a life line with incentives available to provide help for people before they commit the crime. Part of the help should be to make it clear that this is the chance they get and they better use it wisely. Make sure they understand this before they are released in any fashion.

It should be easy to put the list of unattractive consequences together. The deterrent has to be enforced, otherwise it is not a deterrent. That is a big part of the problems we have across the country, lack of enforcement.

7 Likes

There is very in depth information as well as recommendations, with examples, in Countering the Mass Shooter Threat. USCCA Elite members can find it in the Protector Academy under Qualifications, Level 3.

Book form here

8 Likes

Many of these pathetic cowardly shooters are looking to commit suicide by cop after achieving their posthumous 15 minutes of fame. They aren’t worried about the penalties.

I wish the news media would stop plastering their names all over the place. That’s exactly what these losers want and only encourages other losers to try for their own moment of fame. As soon as the shooter is caught or killed there is no reason to ever see their name again. They should only be referred to as the pathetic coward who killed defenseless children. Let’s stop immortalizing these losers.

11 Likes

I was surprised to hear Gov. Abbot say his name in his first news conference???

6 Likes

Do 40% of the pro firearms rights culture members support some form of rules as to who can be a legal “owner”?

Admired Mr. Kerr, so when he was this passionate on this topic, it seemed to fit in with at least the title of this thread.

Video:

To show some balance, MMA fighter Royce Gracie talks briefly about his hobby of “shooting”, at this vid time marker 21:30.

Video:

2 Likes

You can pass all the laws you want, and someone will break them. This has been seen time after time. How many laws did NY have? You cannot legislate evil :unamused:

5 Likes

Everything about them should be denigrated. They will be hooded in any public or court room setting. They should be called by a name assigned by the court. Only the family and attorney can visit them and can be present at their execution. They have punched their ticket and are beyond any legal redemption. I have no sympathy for this filth, or anyone who would profit from their sick activity with a book, movie or air time.

There are clearly people I’ve known that shouldn’t own a gun, or drive a car, some people in ground school that shouldn’t fly a plane, and sadly people that shouldn’t jump out of one. Also people that shouldn’t have children and the list goes on. In many cases punitive measures save some of these folks and nature takes care of the rest. Like I’ve told people I trained where I worked, “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”.

5 Likes

The answer is SOOOOOOooooooo simple
 Look to Israel
 the teachers are trained and armed and there are virtually NO school shootings
 The Liberal, hateful Left would rather see our children dead than enact defense legislation. They are willing to sacrifice anybody on the alter of their Agendas and PERSONAL beliefs than do the prudent thing.

These Leftist Loonies need to end “no gun zones”, they don’t work and only supply idiots with “target rich zones”.

4 Likes

The fact is that MOST cowards either try to escape or surrender before they get a well deserved bullet to the head. This piece of fecal matter just got his bullet before he could get away or surrender.

3 Likes

Probably more than that

1 Like

One thing we’ve learned from the 2 recent massacres, as well as many previous examples:
When someone brags on social media that they’re going to kill a lot of people, you should believe them.

8 Likes

A sad day indeed

Oh a famous person on TV looks angry, and I am supposed to believe in the sincerity of his emotion. I don’t follow Mr.Kerr, does he get worked up every Monday, learning how many dozens were shot over the weekend in Dem Chicago?
He wants to “do something”, which is exactly what pols want, some action that will give them capital, and doesn’t matter if it will be effective or not. I am opposed to any legislation that does not address the problem. Sicko bought two rifles from an FFL, and Universal Background Check would not stop him. How many gangbangers in Chicago called NICS before getting a gun? Exactly.

7 Likes

I think most level-headed people believe in sensible gun ownership. But liberal states and cities don’t enforce the gun laws on the books now, let alone prosecute criminals for their crimes, so sensible people don’t see any new that only affect law-abiding gun owners as genuine. This guy could have done the same with a U-haul truck. We’ve had repeating rifles since what, 1873? Something else has changed, not access to guns.

2 Likes

@Elza1
Preach it! I’ll be your Amen Corner! :pray:

2 Likes