Texas Election

There seems to have been a wide variety of motives from 6 January. Some seemed to have malice, others acted carelessly and disrespectfully, while others just seemed to be following the crowd. “Terrorism” has a definition and I don’t think it’s fair to call the whole crowd a group of domestic terrorists. The convictions they’ve gotten so far seem to validate that.

I’m not trying to armchair quarterback the Capitol police, but I think they could handle the situation much better if they had it to do over. Personally, I would feel awful if I opened fire on an “unauthorized tourist.” Once a situation like that gets out of control, though, it’s hard to restore order.

Or Nuremburg trials too, “just following orders”.

1 Like

Amen. Well said :us:

1 Like

May be in a wheel chair but he stands head and shoulders above many :us:

3 Likes

I. AGREE WITH YOU SCOTT52 , I DO NOT NEED ANY ONE TO DEFEND ME ,AND CERTAINLY NOT ANY ONE THAT BLEAVES THAT WHAT HAPPENED ON JANUARY,6th, WAS ANYTHING OUTHER THEN, SAD, VERY VERY SAD!! THAT WAS A SAD JOKE , THAT ANYONE THAT HAS SEEN WHAT HAPPENED,AND SAY THEY TOOK AN OATH TO KILL AMERICAN PEOPLE , IS SICK !!! KEN,STATE, WAS THE NATIONAL GUARD SHOOTING !! KIDS AN, AND ANY ONE THAT WOULD HAVE FIRED ON PROTESTERS , JANUARY,6 WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLERS ! ANY ONE THAT TOOK AN OATH TO DEFEND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! TO SHOOT ! UNARMED AMERICANS, NEVER SAY THAT YOU ARE ,DEFENDING , ME , I AM AT THAT POINT, YOUR , ENEMY , THE UNITED STATES, DOES NOT , GIVE ANY OATH TO KILL, UNARMED AMERICANS!!!

1 Like

This went south pretty fast. Texas dodged a bullet by kicking Beto to the curb the third time.
Even Uvelda voted 60 percent for Abbott.

I don’t however agree that a government that will allow rioters in Seattle to toss firebombs at a federal courthouse with federal employees inside has much to say about unarmed demonstrators marching on the capital and shooting an unarmed woman.

The number of people that were injured or even killed or the number of officers that were attacked was staggering. The protesters on January 6th killed no one. I see a difference.

2 Likes

Scott52, what you said about what is going on, in our NASHION , is so sad ! I told every one,! TEXAS !!! IS THE ONLY STATE ,!!! THAT CAN,!! FLY ITS FLAG ,!!! AT THE SAME HEIGHT ,!!! AS THE AMERICAN FLAG, TEXAS DOES NOT LET CRIMINALS GO , OUT THE BACK DOOR OF THE COURT HOUSE, to brake into SOME ONE ELSES AND KEEP GOING! And for KILLERS!! WE HAVE TO EXPRESS,LANE,!!! TO A , DIRT, NAP, WHAT WE SEEN , JANUARY,6”th, WAS NOTHING !! AS WHAT WE HAVE SEEN ALL, ACROSS OUR, NASHION, BURNING DOWN POLICE STASHIONS, BURNING DOWN!! COURT,HOUSES, AND KILL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS,! AND BURNING DOWN ENTIRE TOWNS ,AND CALLING IT THEIR , RIGHT TO FREEDOM,!! AND THEY,DID NOT CALL THAT, ANYTHING BUT A DEMONSTRATIONS !! THATS, SO MUCH MORE VIOLENT THAN ANYTHING ,THAT, HAPPENED IN ,OR, AT, THE CAPITAL, AND TO, SEE THE CAPITAL, POLICE OFFICERS!! CRYING,!! AND SAYING THAT THEY WERE , TERRIFIED,!!! NEED TO APPLY,AT THE STATE,HOSPITAL, FOR MENTAL, HELP! Bobby Jean,

I HAVE NOT ANYTHING ELSE THAT I EVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT !! I DO NOT NEED,YOU TO DEFEND ME! JUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF RESPECT YOUR SELF LET ME ALONE THANK YOU FOR LEAVING ME BE , Bobby Jean :latin_cross:

I feel so sorry for you. You are so full of hate & you just throw it at anyone who disagrees with you. I am so sorry that you are as miserable as you are. I’ll keep praying for you & God bless

1 Like

You make a good point. We are supposed to be having a discussion and often those are opposing views. That is how free speech works.