Terminology - Misunderstandings

BLACK EYE / BROWN EYE / EVILE EYE. <<< a eye for a eye , a tooth for
A tooth, wow no wonder stuff gets mixed it up. Stick to Amo ~ no
Problaimo.
Depends on a persons age and terminology used in that time period.
IE: charger guide / clip used to load M1 and M14

2 Likes

FTF = failure to feed?
FTF = failure to fire?
:thinking:

7 Likes

Fun time firing?
From the future?
Finding the front?
Feed the falcon?
Forcing the fun?
Flying to France?
:blush: :blush:

5 Likes

Ummm why would you want to FTF? Didn’t you see all the protests “Over there”!!!

4 Likes

FTF, the ATF’s failure of a brother.

6 Likes

Liquor, Guns and Smokes, acronym for Biden’s AFT. :rofl:

5 Likes

Well, now I feel better. :smiley:

4 Likes

MISUNDERSTANDING OR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING THIS IS THE QUESTION IE: good example, this color code Nato is what I was Taught. Good to know if you have military amo. If your confused, good figure it out.

3 Likes

You call that a flashlight?
Blitzlicht2
No wonder you get lost in the dark.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I was excused jury service after explaining that “common sense” was no more than accepting what someone else tells you to think.

4 Likes

Assault Rifle - a firearm designed for military use that typically has one or more modes of fire, such as semi-auto, burst, full-auto
Bullet - a stick of lipstick (considered separately from the tube in which it is encased).
Round - a character that is typically fully fleshed-out and multi-faceted personalities, backgrounds, desires, and motivations.
Cartridge - or a round is a type of pre-assembled firearm ammunition packaging a projectile (bullet, shot, or slug), a propellant substance (usually either smokeless powder or black powder) and an ignition device (primer) within a metallic, paper, or plastic case that is precisely made to fit within the barrel chamber of a breechloading gun, for the practical purpose of convenient transportation and handling during shooting. Although in popular usage the term “bullet” is often informally used to refer to a complete cartridge, it is correctly used only to refer to the projectile.
Case - 12 or 24 beers in a box.
Casing - To observe a place in order to familiarize oneself with its workings in preparation for some criminal activity.
Clip - Wire that holds papers together.
Magazine - something you read while in the bathroom i.e. Conceal Carry Magazine
Victim - a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action. a person who is tricked or duped.

2 Likes

OK, second most abused terminology - President = To preside over, sometimes confused with dictate over!
Third, Mandate = something to do on a Friday or Saturday night!
Fourth, Presidential Mandate =

3 Likes

I will make sure to never accept an invite from you if it is for a Friday or Saturday night. That is a misunderstanding I want no part of… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So sorry forgot to include womandate, my bad! :man_facepalming::joy:

3 Likes

I generally cut average folk a fair amount of slack on terminology in casual conversation. However, when persons begin to make definitive statements concerning firearms, or proposing “what we ought to do” about guns, or saying that certain types of guns (or all guns) should be banned, I hold them to a much higher standard. Conversation is one thing but the potential criminalization of tens of millions is quite another. If that’s your game, then you better be at least as educated as I am. Private person, pundit, or politician–you should know what the hell you’re talking about before you open your mouth.

7 Likes

Casing - describes the poor person outside my house thinking my home is an easy target
Round - a description of the things my dogs will grab when said guy tries to enter my home.
Magazine - The thing I’ll be reading while my dogs get first dibs on said intruder.
Clip - the thing my wife will record on her phone of our dogs in action.
Cartridge - I’m at a loss
Assault Rifle - the thing the intruder wishes he met when entering my home.
Automatic - my dogs will remove his gender automatically.
Victim - My dogs will be the victim when I have to pull away their new chew toy.

Is this correct?

2 Likes

Close enough.

3 Likes

defense weapon- your brain to avoid it in the first place!

5 Likes

In my opinion there is no such a thing as an assault rifle just as true as an assault knife or an assault car or what ever. It is just a rifle if you use it to assault someone it is still a rifle.

5 Likes

Ooh! Watch out for the “killer hurricane” comin’! Just as asinine.

2 Likes