TASERs and Stun Guns

So I came across this little article with the help of my youngest brother (17 y/o) and figured I’d share with the community. It’s very short but actually enlightening imo.

Also, @Dawn I know the concealed carry magazine is for those who conceal carry and we all talk about what guns we use and everything but how come there aren’t any non-lethal self defense products advertised in the magazines? I would think that it’d be a great addition to the magazine series. Because after all we know that not every situation that requires self defense necessarily warrants lethal force. Just something that came to mind when I saw this. :grin:

5 Likes

@luke_ouellette there are some less-lethal products discussed from time to time in the Concealed Carry Magazine. I’ve seen some pepper spray ads in the magazine as well. Depending on what level of USCCA Membership you have, you can see the last year or all of the past Concealed Carry Magazine issues. (Check your dashboard visit www.uscca.com and log in in the upper right hand corner of the screen.)

2 Likes

Not sure if someone asked but, if you have a knife or a stun gun as well as your carry gun, and you had to use your carry gun. In a court of law would it be harder to defend against a shooting?

Not if you were justified and in fear of your life.
Exercise your rights, dont talk except to say you need to talk to your lawyer and when given the chance call USCCA. There are laywers here normally online that can explain this more eloquently than I.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to do that. :grin:
I just asked because I haven’t seen any of those things in the magazines. But that’s cool.

1 Like

As far as Tasers and Stun guns this topic has been brought up in other discussions and in the magazine as well. The information and choices of people here have mixed feelings. Some say great idea while others say not a good idea and then there are those sitting on the fence. I can see all sides making valid points so the choice is up to the individual and their needs. Main thing I would like to add is know the state laws you are in to make sure it’s legal for any use of non-lethal protection. If someone is to young or doesnt want to carry a gun then there are options for everyone out there depending on their needs and situation. If I was to pick one of the two then I would choose to have distance as my friend with the Tazer. They make a civilian model that is actually better than the LE use but the prong distance is shorter. The better tasers actually can deploy prongs and also used as a stun gun. Since we are armed we do not ever want to get into a physical fight where the gun could get taken away from you. That’s where if lethal force is not needed then using a taser is an option just like pepper spray or jell. Everything listed here has its short comings and we can’t all walk around with battle belts on lolol. A knife is a lethal weapon so dont be confused about that.
Best advise I can give is dont place yourself in that situation to begin with. Meaning clubs, bars, bad neighborhoods, late night, etc. If it’s just wrong place wrong time then it’s best to give yourself options. Get some hand to hand training, pistol training, know the laws pertaining to the state your in concerning the above mentioned, work on having a strong situational awareness and carry everyday. I pray that we never need to use what we try to prepare ourselves for.

2 Likes

So true man. I appreciate you chiming in. I love it when I get several people talking. :grin:

2 Likes