Storing your gun supplies (not guns)

Between cleaning supplies, holsters, and tools, I’ve got a bunch of firearm-related items that aren’t guns. For storage, I currently have a couple of small toolboxes, but they’re starting to be too small.

image @Zee uses something like this, she’s very organized. And that just to store her traveling supply and that got me to wondering:

What do you use to organize your supplies?

1 Like

File cabinet

1 Like

I cannot answer the question you pose as it becomes more individual the more involved you become. That said, working in the construction trades, I will caution you yo evaluate a rolling storage unit like that carefully. I will not call out brands but will say if a MFG make great power tools it does not mean that they make great carts. IMHO and worth what you paid for it. Modularity is key.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

In a stupid range bag I got from the NRA and the “kit” box from Winchester Cleaning kit………but I want what Zee has!!! I just need to develop my story for the wife on why I need it… :thinking::joy:

1 Like

Metal ammo cans for ammo, a tacklebox for holster/mag carrier odds and ends, another tackle box for cleaning equipment.
And a junk drawer for randomness.

1 Like

I have a large room dedicted solely to guns and gun supplies and another for reloading.

Poweder not currently being used is in a very large, heavy steel locker.

Bullets in book shelves same with priers and brass unless they are currently being used.

I have a large snap on tool cabinet for gun smithing supplies and parts.

Stands that hold dies and QD die sets.

I have small quickie range kits and large tool boxes for more complicated days at the range or when traveling out of town.

I try to be the guy that always has what need vs the guy that is always having to borrow something or get help from others.

3 Likes

Cleaning supplies in a cabinet in the garage. Range gear in the car trunk, everything else on shelves in bedroom closet.

1 Like

#dreamhome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is what I brought with me to the DSF course

It’s pretty durable, and there are 4 or 5 different components that you can mix and match to suit the needs of any given day. Its lighter than the metal versions, so if you have to hoist it, most of the weight you’re lifting is your gear. It rolls and controls easily, has extra large wheels so it’s good on rough ground. Large heavily-made latches and weather-tight, from my experience.

And it breaks down into smaller kits for when I have to lift it into the back of my truck.

Its plastic, so it may not be as durable as the metal versions but for portable organized storage it’s very sturdy and substantial. I’m very happy with it… it’s what I use.

Here’s the full set of components:
https://www.menards.com/main/search.html?sf_categoryHierarchy=&search=Versastack

At home, we have a storage area with metal shelves for ammo, much of which is stored in ammo cans, and the safe. We’re going to add some metal garage-type cabinets.

3 Likes

@Dawn the Milwaukee one looks good too. But haven’t seen it in person so I don’t know the quality.

Bosch makes an L-boxx series with lots of options that you can get a wheeled cart with, but I don’t like that the cart doesn’t have a solid attachment to the boxes, just bungies… looks like it would be trouble on uneven terrain.
Screenshot_20191003-083021_Chrome

Uline makes one but I haven’t seen it in person so I don’t know the quality.

1 Like

Where’s the envy/jealousy emoji at……. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Overflow supplies are in one of the free NRA bags:

• huge bag of cotton cloths
  • so many generic q tips
  • boxes of gloves
    -extra bottle of CLP
  • case of 5000 cheepie tooth brushes for use once and toss

Really cleaning kit is actually kept in my range bag

1 Like

I was close, @Zee! LOL! My son has something similar for his electrician supplies.

@BJP, I love the cheepie tooth brush idea! May have to steal that one. I clean mine each time before I use it again. (For gun cleaning only! :grin: )

2 Likes

@Dawn while deployed to various places over the years we would get “Any Sailor, Any Soldier etc.” “goody boxes” that always seemed to have three items. Baby wipes and tooth brushes and tooth paste. The baby wipes were obviously used for personal cleaning but the tooth brushes RARELY were ever use on teeth more than once. I’ve even seen a trigger job done with toothpaste (it worked!). There must have been a whole lot of good hearted folks back home that though we were all really into dental care because it was something we always made sure to ask for.

The best box I ever saw was a medium size “if it fit’s it ships” box FULL off tooth brushes, wooden handled Q-tips, sample size bottles of CLP, .22 & .30 cal bore snakes and as “packing” Wintergreen Life Savers". We all thought we had died and gone to heaven.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Not really. I’ve just been lucky over the last few years buying and flipping “bargain homes” that I bought for basically nothing.

I’ll finish this one in a few years, probably live in it for a total of ten and then flip it for four or five times what I have in it and then build my “dream home” on some acreage I own out of town that borders our local country club.

If I ever sell that one it will be for enough that I will be able to retire completely and never worry again.:grinning:

2 Likes

A good abraisive toothpaste makes for a very adequate lapping compound especially when “field expedience” is of high importance.

We’d even use fine blow sand from the field mixed with LSA or axle grease.

1 Like

I prefer containers that don’t look firearms related (except for the ubiquitous ammo can)
Chemicals go on the shelf with other household products. Cleaning patches and rods go in plain boxes, brushes jags and loops in a fishing tackle box. Ammo out of sight(OK, in an ammo can inside a locked cabinet) My current range bag is army surplus and looks like the camping gear it’s stored with. Nothing here to lead casual roving eyes to expect that a firearm is on the property.