Stop the War on “Ghost Guns”

GOA now has a letter to send to the ATF on the “Ghost Gun” issue. All that is needed is your name, address, and email address. You can modify the letter as you see fit, or send it as is.
https://www.votervoice.net/mobile/GunOwners/campaigns/85397/respond

5 Likes

My understanding is that modifying the letter is better as they can lump similar responses together but have to log all unique responses individually.

5 Likes

@Shamrock, I was not aware of that, but I usually do tweak the letter a bit, sometimes just for grammar. :innocent:

1 Like

I often tweak as well but think it is good to at least add a personal first paragraph stating agreement with the rest of the prepared statement. This way it is easily identifiable as a unique comment. Since they have to deal with each unique comment individually it makes more work for them. Making violating the 2A as much work as possible sounds like a good idea to me. Might make the pencil pushers think twice. It at least seemed to succeed in slowing down the pistol brace process.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I will definitely make sure to do that in the future.

I replied and inserted this personal opening paragraph:

A 2019 Justice Department study found that 43% of criminals purchased their weapons on the black market, but none made their weapons at home. The current proposed crack down on gun violence is aimed at limiting firearm ownership for citizens to defend themselves from criminal violence. It does nothing to reduce “gun violence”, which actually does not exist - it is human violence we need to be cracking down on by enforcing current laws regarding criminal violence.

5 Likes

I encourage everyone to submit comments about this issue. I realize that 80% kits and home firearm builds are sort of a specialty hobby and most people simply buy their firearms fully assembled from a store or dealer or other traditional means. But this will impact everyone who values freedom and our 2A rights even if you’ve never heard of an 80% kit and don’t know a frame from a receiver. The 2A community needs to stand together and draw a line in the sand and say “no more” to these infringements on our freedoms. The massive response to the proposed pistol brace rule changes had a huge impact, and a massive response to this can as well. On the other hand, a weak response will only embolden the gun-grabbers to enact further restrictions which eventually will impact you more directly. Please take at least follow the above link and send the pre-written message, and if you can, another minute or two to add your unique comments.

3 Likes

I ‘d really like to try building an M1911.

2 Likes

So adding
“the politicians that propose banning 80% lowers who are too afraid to leave their homes without armed bodyguards need to give up their tax payer funded security blanket as well since the average law abiding citizen does not know if their bodyguards are carrying 80% non serialized firearms”.
would probably be taken the wrong way?

3 Likes

A ghost gun is a term for a typically homemade firearm that lacks commercial serial numbers. The term is used mostly in the United States by gun control advocates, gun rights advocates, law enforcement, and some in the firearm industry. Because home-manufacture of firearms for personal use is not considered to fall under the federal government’s authority to regulate interstate as opposed to intrastate commerce, individuals making their own firearms are not subject to federal or state commercial background check regulations. Persons otherwise prohibited from owning firearms are still legally barred from the manufacture, transfer, or possession of firearms or ammunition, regardless of the method of manufacture or acquisition. So, all in all, criminals are breaking the law.

2 Likes