Still in a Barney Fife Snit

You’d think that this would be no problem, but I can’t find what I consider a decent holster for my Walther PK380 - what I’m looking for is for iwb abdominal carry in cordura nylon - open muzzle - thumb-break or safety snap-strap - NO extra magazine pouch, and no noisy velcro. I saw a dandy little holster recently that came close, but it was for a Taser. Kurt

1 Like

Totally get it. Whenever I get a new firearm I spend an additional $300.00 trying out all sorts of holsters to find out what works best for me.
When I got my _P-365 I went through 3 holsters until I found one I liked, then I added the LIMA Laser and went through another 4 holsters until I decided on a $10.00 pocket holster that I love. I spent as uch on holsters I wont use as I did on the gun itself.
Trial and error. If you know someone with a similar sidearm ask if you can try out what they use, ask why they like or dont like it then go from there.

2 Likes

When you say abdominal carry do you mean appendix carry? If you do there are a lot of Kydex holsters on the market which are suitable for the Walther PK380.

Appendix carry - yes, right next to me “naughty bits” - kydex feels like cardboard - bought the universal holster from Budk, but it has an elasticised velcro safety- strap - closest I’ve come to my ideal.

1 Like

I’d look at Bianchi as they have the 3S model in leather with a thumb brake that fits the PPK. I’ve been running them for 30+ years on all my IWB guns and have not found a better option. This is a link to the whole offerings from Bianchi, the one I am referring to is the “Pistol Pocket”

PPK Results

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

You may face limited options for appendix carry with a retention device, especially with a compact pistol. I appendix carry my Taurus Millennium G2 in a Black Rhino ACS holster and love it. It holds securely and yet is easy to draw from. It is extremely comfortable for me and is rigid, allowing for easy reholstering. They do make a holster for the Walther PK380. Take my recommendation with a grain of salt however. Like others in this forum I went through a bunch of other holsters before finding one that works. My body and experience may be different from you.

1 Like