"Stealth Gun Ownership" and the Chinese Wuhan Coronavirus?

Hi Chris3, Sorry I didn’t mention that the cane is a “Folding” cane. If anyone get’s a hold on the other end it would look like “Lemon & Matthau” having a “Tug of War”.

By the way, on Face Book someone just shared the picture of Someone Snooping around their home that is well off the road. Once the homeowner confronted them they left without responding to any calls!!!

2 Likes

Hello Again Troy7, You really hit the nail on the head about keeping things inside. My Sarcasm’s I try to save for on FaceBook. Yesterday, I posted a message that I’d probably commented enough to be 3 or 4 people. And, that some had Probably Had “More than Enough of Me” for a few days. So, just know that I’m trying to keep the two sites separated by Importance.

3 Likes

Seems to me that you have all of your "Little Worlds’ well Regulated and in a Nice Row. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. ( I wasn’t quite sure how to respond about you Orderly Life in this thread after reading through it the first time )

2 Likes

There are other groups that are not as 2A friendly (family in California or people that also have Klinefelters that are mostly anti 2A), they know to a degree I carry or just have a firearm.

The level of sharing I do depends on the group and their stance on things…

Kinda funny how things have to be that way.

3 Likes

UGH… those signs… :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have a bunch of those signs, most are in my Living room not outside.

Those are common in Oregon, especially in more rural areas.

This is my sign out front on my tree…

10 Likes

Yes, Idaho has a more freedom-minded culture than a lot of states. Of course, the state isn’t homogenous. I’d be more leary of open-carry in Boise, for example. The big questions are; What is legal in your state, and are your local police departments pro-2nd Amendment? If your cops are the good guys, then anyone calling them about you open-carrying will get schooled quickly. If they aren’t the good guys, you will be harrassed even if you are legal.

3 Likes

Back in 1975 while training with guy’s from all over the country I was told if I was ever in Luz-e-anna, If you are out away from town, “Never Leave the Asphalt”!!! "Those people out there consider anything off of the Asphalt to be “Their Property and that You Are Trespassing”. One said that if there was a “Solid Line” for a Break-Down Lane that you shouldn’t cross it!

3 Likes

There were places like that in Arkansas in the early ‘70s.

2 Likes

First: stop using apostrophes in simple plural words. It’s another pandemic in the US by people who failed English in high school.
Second: I would keep quiet about my firearms at home or away. Could open the door to a theft of your guns if you’re away from the house for a while. My roommate is the only one who knows I have a firearm available at home.

3 Likes

@norman2 Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

1 Like

High school English also teaches about sentence fragments:

Could open the door to a theft of your guns if you’re away from the house for a while.

Is my comment helpful to this conversation? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Gave you a thumbs-up. I lived in Bonner County for 2 years and it’s a liberal locale. Boundary County not so much. Kootenai County-I’m not sure about the Sheriff’s policy re CC. Boise is more of a liberal venue, so CC might be a problem.

1 Like

Gee, I’ve got to say 2 Things. First, I hadn’t expected to be “Treated to” an English Class when most people these days can’t be Bothered with the idea of using any Capital Letters or Punctuation at all in their messages. And, #2 is being treated to comments that seem to come from a SOCIAL JUSTICE WORRIER. I guess that it’s time for me to "Bow Out of USCCA AGAIN!! BYE

3 Likes

Weird X… I lived in the city my whole life and purchased my 1st protection keltec P11 20 years ago and was blessed to never need to use it. I’ve since moved to the opposite end of the spectrum near farmlands and have acquired several new guns. It’s weird but as safe as this part of the world is I have now taken the time to address my family who also have a CCL to be aware that now more then anytime in my 50 years on this planet do I feel that there is truly a heightened sense of our surroundings. Family, food, ammo & preparedness with 2 English Bull Terriors. God Bless & B Safe

3 Likes

I don’t make it a point to advertise the fact that I carry, however anyone who passes my house and is eaven remotely aware could surmise that I own firearms. I have a range set up right next to the house with target’s at 100,300,500,600 and hope to get a 700yrd target up this spring. I would wager that there is not a house within 2 miles of mine without firearms.

3 Likes

Yes, there is always the question of CC vs OC. Whereas OC could make one a target, it also can dissuade you from becoming one. CC means you look as defenseless as anyone else, so you could be targeted due to that, especially an older person using a cane.

I travel often, mostly leisure, to places where I can’t carry a firearm, and am an older man, so situational awareness and self-defense are considerations. On one such recent trip, I carried a sheathed hunting knife while out at night. Ironically, one night walking down the sidewalk, a group of young men were loitering and blocking the sidewalk, immediately parted as I approached, as one noticed the sheathed knife and made the others aware. I also was told by someone that does not often carry OC that one time when he was, it appeared to deter a situation once the person saw his firearm. So OC does have its merits.

For most of us that do not live in places where firearm ownership is respected and accepted, CC is typically the better option. For me, due to employment policy, I can’t carry nor even have a firearm in my vehicle, though I wouldn’t do that because even with a gun safe in the vehicle, cars can still be stolen, and a safe isn’t impenetrable. I do OC often at events as a rep for the rights groups I belong to, such as gun shows, fairs, etc. Though, at gun shows all firearms must be unloaded. However, the point is trying to show that carrying is something “normal” people do, and to get people more comfortable with the idea of carrying and seeing citizens carrying. One thing you would not suspect me of, if you saw me, is being a firearm owner.

We always hear from the antis that we must be really afraid, if we are carrying. The total opposite is true. I don’t fear, but I am aware, and I am prepared. I am likely to never need a firearm for defense of self or others, but I practice, and have mentally prepared for such, even if it is extremely unlikely; just as it is unlikely that I will ever need a fire extinguisher, but no one ever questions having that. I am still a pacifist at heart, but now with a wife and child, I am not willing to pay for that with my life or that of my wife and child. I am and they are more important than someone willing to do me or them harm.

3 Likes

Back in the days of SAC* the Air Force had a policy not to confirm nor deny the existence of certain weapons on base.

Except with people I know well, I maintain the same policy about weapons in my house.

• If you don’t know what that is, watch the Jimmy Stewart movie Strategic Air Command.
4 Likes

I spent 5 years in SAC. I commanded the largest ICBM weapon system in US inventory. This was during the height of the Cold War. I could neither confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons. Sure, there’s just a firecracker on top of that 9 story missile.

3 Likes