So who is going to be kicked out of the Democratic party next?

I am proud to say that I have met you Don. You and your boy are good people! When yinz are brought up in conversation, Michele and I always mention how nice you two were. I could talk to you all day about anything, that’s a true friend. But we will meet again, hopefully soon, maybe whenever we visit the USCCA Headquarters!!!

2 Likes

This is just my opinion and to be honest I dont really follow politicians from other states until they try to negatively impact me on the Federal level.

The last honest career senator from Wisconsin (and the longest sitting senator in Wisconsin state history) was William Proxmire. For those that are old enough and dont know the name I am sure you will remember his Golden Fleece Award he use to give out for what he considered wasteful use of taxpayers dollars.

2 Likes

@Jeffrey

Let me know when you are coming and if I need to I’ll take a day or two off work and show you some sites if you have the time.

3 Likes

Sounds great! I’ll chat with you later, I’m driving home!

2 Likes

My friends in Illinois face a terrible situation. They are controlled by corrupt politicians in Chicago who are anti gun and, in my opinion, anti American. How can things be so different just across the river in Missouri? Wr have strong pro gun pro Constitution laws and we quickly replace politicans who go after our constitutional rights. I hope my friends in Illinois find a way to change their situation.

2 Likes

There is a movement to split the state. They are following the same procedure that was used when West Virginia was formed. If that doesn’t happen, it will get ugly. I told my wife, our son has 7 years of school left. My FOID and hers expire in 9. One way or the other, I won’t be renewing my FOID card.

1 Like

I like choices when it comes to who to vote for. Sometimes it is lesser of the two evils, and sometimes it means voting third party.

5 Likes

Wish we could mount enough contenders and win enough seats to be worth anything in a caucus-driven, deal-making system :unamused:

2 Likes

I’m with @BJP. But we need to put charismatic, newsworthy leaders in the libertarian party. If we see that they aren’t leading in the polls, then turn the electoral to the conservatives. Over tome the libertarians will finally get a majority. Need to strategic. All the parties seems to have list this edge

3 Likes

If it is any solace, JFK’s political views would label him as a right winger. Both parties have moved to the left as is throughout the world. I consider myself a conservative Libertarian. I base my beliefs on Freedom and Liberty of the individual. Some things the Democrat party still get’s right but they keep moving away from true Liberty and are choosing to silence the speech of all that disagree with party doctrine and are even advocating violence. They are marginalizing their own party. Sad that we are moving away from open and honest discourse.

2 Likes

Very, very true. We can no longer disagree with someone without someone thinking we’re spewing hate due to the differing opinion.

3 Likes

Unions may back the Democratic Party, but that doesnt mean they automatically deliver union members votes. I belonged to a union for thirty years and always voted Republican because I disagreed with the Dems. on so many issues, esp. their stance on the 2nd A. Many of my fellow union members did the same. I made my position clear at work, and if anyone didnt like it, too bad,

1 Like

It`s just a simple fact at this time, that voting third party takes a vote away from either one of the majority party you may have voted for and helps the opposition win. Many voted for Ross Perot instead of Bush, for instance, and it helped get Bill Clinton elected.

1 Like

@DBrogue

Totally agree with you there.

I have a Liberal friend. We talk about hunting, guns, wilder days in our youth, we stopped talking politics a while back.

It seems to me, in the last 20 to 30 years, we have lost the ability to discuss controversial topics openly, even with passion, and still have a civil conversation. I am guilty of this at times myself, but the person who insults first, usually has lost the logical argument…

1 Like

I agree with you on this! When did we lose the ability to separate the difference of opinion from the value of the person?

3 Likes

I think social media has influenced that @Dawn. It’s one thing to be polite, or not, when the other person is standing right in front of you. People aren’t worried about retaliation what’s the are keyboard commandos. Even just miss understanding what they are saying, because so much of our communication is non-verbal.

4 Likes

Oh no, you are going to make me get all conspiracy minded… I (conspiracy tin foil hat on) think it started with the school systems. Remember Civics? Changed to Social Studies about the time I was close to graduating High School. Now days there are “safe spaces” and therapy dogs because students don’t like the outcome of an election.

To my point, I remember being given a topic, let’s just say mandatory seat belt laws, we were divided up in to groups. Each group would argue for the law, then the next day argue against the law. So, you had to look at both sides, and argue in a civil manor. Of course they did not really choose politically charged topics.

This, and the seeming ignorance by many on how laws enacted, how the government is supposed to work, 3 branches of government, basic Civics stuff… And I think society has mimicked our school systems as well. Seems to be little or no true debate, or discussion of “hot button” topics anymore.

OK, tin foil hat off. For now… :grinning:

3 Likes

I think you’re on to something here. Hong to go add that to my tin foil hat too.

2 Likes

Tinfoil hats seem to be en vogue today! :rofl:

2 Likes