Smash and Grab?

Businesses are there to make money not loose it. Neighborhoods loose businesses then complain there’s no where to shop. Neighbors need to stand for their neighborhoods. Thats what its going to come down to and hyper support of their PDs. Cops need to be able to grab and smash the Smash and Grabbers

2 Likes

If I was a business owner who was dealing with this behavior, I’d pack up and leave. Why would I want to support a community by providing jobs and tax dollars when they attack my business?

I said the same thing during the riots (the mainstream national news called them “mostly peaceful protests”). I’d take my insurance money and leave.

3 Likes

Why the HELL would a news crew be covering an active criminal event? They would have deserved anything that happened to them in my book.

1 Like

Maybe they were there to report the news?

Way to go, LA. That will teach 'em.

I think its more than part . Likely 75%. Its their news they are generating.

The California supermajority legislature brought this on themselves. They downgraded Commercial Burglary (Felony) to Commercial Petty Theft (misdemeanor) about 5 years ago. They eliminated Law Enforcement’s ability not prove the suspect entered the store with the intent to commit the theft & charge them with Burglary.

Therefore, situational awareness and the ability to extract one’s self from these situations is even more important. “The best way to win a fight is to AVOID it!”

Creating community values, and adding helpful resources to. the. community with. the highest crime rates will help reduced the crime, and create an better community for everyone.

2 Likes

Please give an example of the type of helpful resource you are talking about.

absolutely. That is not a quick solution though, we are looking at 30 more years of social strife.

1 Like

Seems like Zecharius really doesn’t have an example of what he is talking about. Maybe he was just repeating something he heard Rev Al say.

What, I wonder makes you ask something like this?

1 Like

Appears Zecharius is MIA.

Appears Zecharius is MIA.

“ Creating community values, and adding helpful resources to. the. community with. the highest crime rates will help reduced the crime, and create an better community for everyone.”

My take on this is simple wishful thinking. And gross assumptions that the people that smash and grab or loot and burn are interested in being part of a community that requires standards we all abide by. It may seem harsh but it isn’t all that different than paying “Protection” to the Mafia” back in the 20s and thirties to keep your community safe.

What we are being asked to consider giving to the looters and smash and grab groups what they desire without having to put in the effort the rest of society has to put in to acquire those same goods.

What we end up with is a society encumbered parasites that take without adding to society itself. The worst part is it will encourage more people to take the easy way and just take what they want because they want it. At some point society breaks down and people are forced to flee or rebel to survive. At least that is the result if we look at all the progressive societies that have tried it.

4 Likes

very true ---- we have a Real BURDEN in this country.

Community Organizations Have Important Role in Lowering Crime Rates Research shows that in a city of 100,000, each new nonprofit community organization leads to a 1.2 percent drop in the homicide rate, a 1 percent reduction in the violent crime rate, and a 0.7 percent reduction in the property crime rate.