Singin' in the Rain

The once beautiful City of Roses is now a bastion for crime and drugs. BLM, ANTIFA, The TQ+ movements have claimed the city as their turf. The northwest rains cannot wash away the naiveté of the Left. Sometimes to create one must destroy. Sad indeed.

10 Likes

This is exactly the scenario in the ending of " Atlas Shrugged".

8 Likes

Yet, there are those wanting more presence and yet want to keep the number of officers down. People are being assaulted and yet there are not enough LEO’s to respond. I say send in the emotional responders to intervein.

5 Likes

Portland’s safety commissioner, Rene Gonzalez, announced via social media:
Our 911 system is getting hammered this morning with a multiple person incident — multiple overdoses in northwest park blocks. Please do not call 911 except in event of life/death emergency or crime in progress (or chance of apprehending suspect). For non-emergency please use 503-823-3333.

I kinda thought an OD is a life-threatening emergency. Oh, well.

Gonzalez told host Leland Vittert that the system was swamped and something had to be done. She said that Measure 110, which decriminalized the possession of drugs and reduced many felonies to misdemeanors, was supposed to provide support services to addicts. However, the effort was curtailed due to the arrival of COVID-19.

I guess I am mistaken, but I thought the “pandemic” emergency had ended. Yet, somehow that “emergency” is the cause of their crisis today? Let me guess, the city will be raising taxes to supposedly “do something” about the drugs and crime. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[edit] I just read a number of comments to that story. I found this one humorous:

Hello 911? Yeah, it’s a life or death situation. I just [shot] a guy threatening my life, could you send some cops to come scoop him up off my lawn? Yeah, now he’s threatening to kill my grass.

8 Likes

Indeed. Lots of lessons in that book about an increasingly socialized society where people look to government rather than producers (e.g., John Galt) for direction. You may recall that a theme of the book was that the producers, disgusted with the direction of society and recognizing that they could not change that trajectory, withdrew to Galt’s Gulch in the mountains of Colorado to form their own society. That’s what “Going Galt” refers to in some conservative/libertarian circles.

2 Likes

The difference between the book and reality, is one need not physically travel anywhere, there are means and platforms for parallel society right where you are.
Unless one is in NY, Chicago, LA. Then one does need to relocate. ASAP!

3 Likes

I choked on my bacon when I read this.

2 Likes

Atlas Shrugged. That’s deep BRUCE26. I’ll have to do homework. My brain is limited to short stories like Heart of Darkness. But I get what you mean. Hehe…

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very hard to read, you have to get past the somewhat inane love triangle and about a month to read it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very true if one is willing to divest themselves of dependence upon the Administrative State and build a life of independence from the state. But many people like to be employed by government and continue to believe the lie “I’m here from government to help.”

1 Like

I thought an OD was a natural event brought on by a chosen lifestyle!

So is there an option to just call the morgue to come and pick up the bleeding thing out of the yard?

3 Likes

Yes, that would be the non-emergency number. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If the perp is dead, there’s no emerency, if he’s only bleeding, it clearly isn’t an emerency. :rofl:

2 Likes

I have the good fortune to have a ‘Crime Scene Investigator’ for a neighbor…

1. His work truck sits @ the end of his driveway near the street not up by the garages,
    Boldly displaying the APD logo’s and CSI badges…makes people speed up!
  2. We talk regularly(I even detailed his personal rides). If I ever had a problem
    he said he would be glad to help run blocker if the man ever over stepped their authority.
  3. I showed him my licenses/permits etc and he now knows I am not a threat to the community
    just a guy trying to navigate in this crazy world without getting splatter on my boots.
  4. I told him I have my own ‘Body bags’ He didn’t Flinch! (kidding)
  5. We’re going shooting Monday! (NOT KIDDING!)
3 Likes