Man Pulls Gun on Mob

I’m not sure if anyone has seen this before, so for those who have, no worries…those who haven’t, might be of interest.

Guy is filming protest in Portland and mob begins threatening and following him and he was charged and convicted of assault.

7 Likes

I’ve seen it. Sad really.

7 Likes

It’s sad, he was completely right the mod was completely wrong… but you have to avoid going to places like this! They are straight up communist, the mob , the prosecutors and the judge! American loving God fearing people are the lambs there.

7 Likes

More info.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/victoria-taft/2020/09/02/exclusive-case-of-portland-man-who-defended-himself-against-antifa-mob-heads-to-supreme-court-n876896

3 Likes

I had not seen this. Thanks for posting. Oregon is a strange State to live in. 85% of the population resides in three cities, Portland, Salem and Eugene. All three VERY LIBERAL, which is why we have a virtual liberal super majority in all three houses. However, if you leave these cities, the remaining 15% of the population who occupy 95% of the States land mass are very conservative.
The dilemma here is you are relatively safe outside of the three cities. Where you most likely will need to carry or defend yourself it will be in the three cities. I avoid them like the plague. Its a real difficult situation. I keep hoping all the riots will change enough voters minds to at vote in some conservatives. Unfortunately, liberalism is deeply ingrained in these people. They seem blind to truth, dont want to hear it and if you try to explain you get the yell down treatment. I gave up trying years ago and just avoid them as best I can.

6 Likes

@John512 Is it liberalism or leftism (socialist/communist) that reigns in these cities?

4 Likes

@Jeff-A1 I get your point.

‘Lib’erty versus ‘Lib’erate…both sound similar and can be conjoined to the common word “liberal.”

One leads to cosmopolitanism the other to communism.

Is that what you’re saying?

2 Likes

@FarmerFrank More like progressivism v. communism. What I’m seeing out of Portland wouldn’t support the first. Correct me if I’m wrong, but denying 1A rights by violence to those that oppose your viewpoints doesn’t reflect a forward leaning section of society. Same for the trail of destruction in property and lives.

p.s. Welcome to the community! What branch did you serve?

2 Likes

I believe you have opened a distinction without a difference question.

2 Likes

@George98 At this point in time, you may be correct.

2 Likes

Interesting distinction:

1 Like

Let’s not confuse things…

61W9OK8tdoL.AC_SX450

4 Likes

2 Likes

Portland has always been a very odd place. I was born and raised there and grew up in Southeast Portland. I lived there back when Yamhill Market was first created. When Portlandia, the waste of money, was erected. Portland went through several different changes over the years from the area I grew up in being low income housing. Over the years, there were various groups pulling one way or another. There was a large skin head population, black panther population, and many many more. Most recent years, there was a growing hipster population which seems to have led it to this very left leaning mentality and it’s current state of affairs politically. The housing market is what drew in the idiot tech crowd with their liberal agenda. My original family home which was sold 30 years ago for around $90,000 recently was sold for $745,000…and yes I had considered buying my families first home until I saw the price.

Honestly, we all need to help educate people so that they vote GOP this next election. If we can take back the house, McCarthy and the GOP have plans to restore the economy, defeat covid, backing school choice and law enforcement to name a few. We really need to because since the dems controlled the house, NOTHING has been done and they’ve played politics this entire time.

3 Likes