Is this the face of anarchy?

“Please know that the Seattle Police Department is committed to addressing life safety incidents and calls for service, and responding to ongoing demonstrations and unrest in the city,” the chief’s memo reads. “Please also know that the City Council Ordinance 119805 Crowd Control Tool goes into effect this weekend on Sunday, July 26, 2020. This ordinance bans Seattle Police officers the use of less-lethal tools, including pepper spray that is commonly used to disperse crowds that have turned violent. Simply put, the legislation gives officers no ability to safely intercede to preserve property in the midst of a large, violent crowd.”

Link:

2 Likes

I’m not saying this flippantly, but , move from there or any place like it.
We moved from Columbus Ohio to Central Texas in less than a months time. Our reason was solely the climate at the time.

There are jobs and homes to buy in much more civil parts of America.

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with that. However, as we continue to see the spread of this I have to wonder when will we say ‘enough’? Much like a wildfire this can start to feed on its own energy. Do we, as a nation, just let it burn and hope it burns itself out, or do we mount a aggressive stance and put it out? (mostly rhetorical questions)

2 Likes

I just saw where a federal judge has nullified the city council ordinance. It’s a shame that a federal judge was ever needed.

2 Likes

Agree…move. Let’s hope that the cops just stay home until it is sorted out. Things are beyond silly.

1 Like

How can anyone be expected to do a job without the correct tools. I believe in always doing the best you can with what you have, but I honestly hope all those officers stay home. I feel for the law abiding citizens and law enforcement of Seattle, and it’s sad to see their city turn on them. I can’t imagine what city officials there are thinking…how long do you think citizens and businesses will hang out and put up with this?? If I lived or conducted business there, I’d be thinking hard about relocating…

2 Likes

Escape now, while you still can! Can you spell RUN? Save yourself and your family. After watching the AG Barr testimony today, I’d say you have about a day to safely leave. They all have just unequivocally condoned violence, destruction and death. If I could, I would plan your escape route, grab your go bag, leave everything else and just head east.

2 Likes

Obviously the City Council failed to realize that less than lethal are the things that police use INSTEAD of shooting people. Now they have words, physical altercation and a gun. Fortunately there was an adult nearby that stopped the silliness.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes