Silencer Optimized Charging Handle or not?

I need to get an Ambi Charging Handle, so I was looking at the Radian models. Yikes, expensive. However, I saw that they make “Silencer Optimized”. Anyone have any experience with these? I do want to (eventually) put a Silencer on my AR Pistol, but not sure it’s worth the money spending this amount - $100+.

2 Likes

@Jeffrey77 Radian makes some nice kit. I use ambi-charging handles and just started running a suppressor on a 16" barrel with mid-length gas tube. Noticeable difference in blowback gas with the can on. I figure running a pistol length barrel with gas tube and can will be a bigger issue. The Optimized charging handle might help with redirecting gas. You definitely want to shop around for best price.

1 Like

I know nutingggg. Is this what you are referring to? :+1:

3 Likes

That’s it.

1 Like

I’m running a 12.5" Monobloc system from HM Defense. I have seen videos of other people using a Silencer and barely getting any blow-back with this particular setup, so I wasn’t sure if it would be worth the extra money.

1 Like

So I think we got past the clip/mag thing so on to silencer/suppressor tale. I

You lost me…is that sarcasm or something else? I haven’t had any question, comment, or thought about a “clip/mag” issue.

2 Likes

@Jeffery77 The video didn’t impress me much on the results. If you have an extra $20.00 give it a go. Unlike Mag/Clip it is ok to use Suppressor or Silencer interchangeably. Hiram Maxim is credited with the first patent on the Maxim Silencer. We all know that a can doesn’t silence your firearm.

Yes that’s correct as it’s old news. So next item on the list is silencer/suppressor. The only silencer I know of is the mute button. Sorry to be confusing.

1 Like

I actually had Suppressor in the title, but changed to Silencer because that is Radian’s product name. I agree Suppressor is the more appropriate nomenclature.

Appreciate the videos. I’m not sold on it either, but was hoping someone in this forum may have shot with it and could provide their direct feedback.

2 Likes

I’d recommend looking at Griffin Armament’s option. Tough to find these days, but more reasonably-priced than Radian’s and tuned by guys who specialize in building cans

1 Like

Precision Reflex Inc. Gas Buster works well. Pricey however. Best bet is to add an adjustable gas block. I use both, the Gas buster and an adjustable block. My glasses thank me. The can will make things dirtier in the receiver so clean up is a good idea. YMMV

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with these “gas buster” charging handles, but the Radian charging handles in general are really nice. I run the Radian Raptor-LT and the Geissele Airborne Charging Handle (ACH). Both work awesome and are pretty low-profile.

2 Likes