Sig 1911 question

Does anyone have experience with Sig 1911 Scorpion carry?

2 Likes

@Bugleboy!!! Where you been friend?

1 Like

Lots of trouble with FB account. Conservatives get attacked.

1 Like

@Bugleboy That is my primary ECP.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-fastback-emperor-scorpion-carry.html

2 Likes

Not the carry model, just the full size. Had it since it came out in 2011. Around 25k rounds in it with just recoil spring changes. Probably should do the extractor spring one of these days…

3 Likes

It’s a 1911 other than the Browning style extractor, what’s your issue?

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Thank you for that input @Craig6.
I’ve owned Colt Gold Cups, Springfields, Kimber, Auto Ordnance, and others. None were just like the others.

1 Like

Honestly, I see the external extractor more quantitative/reliable than an internal extractor design. When I got my Springfield, getting the internal extractor adjusted was a PITA. On the other hand, my son’s Sig 1911 has shot without jams from round #1 to present day 3 years later regardless of ammo available.

3 Likes

@Bugleboy My fault you were looking for an opinion of the platform not tying to fix a problem. I misunderstood.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

@Bugleboy I have been carrying the Fastback Scorpion for several years now. 1st off it is made in the USA. It is a precision firearm. Highly accurate without spending $3,000.000 or more. I spent ~$850 out the door but those days are past. Not ammo finicky. It has an Ambi slide safety for us southpaws. 8+1 capacity. Low-snag profile. Stainless steel slide and frame to minimize corrosion with a very nice FDE near bronze finish that has held up extremely well. The rear sight is showing a small amount of corrosion due to my IWB carry. It is lite enough to carry IWB in cargo shorts and with the rounded spring housing, no printing under a loose t-shirt or polo. The grips and front strap checkering are aggressive but not uncomfortable (even after shooting several hundred rounds at the range). Assures a very good grip. The trigger is a thing of beauty! 5 lbs. consistent press weight. Crisp outline Sig tritium night-sights with no sign of dimming over the last couple of years. Just like my Ruger MkIII Govt. Target, this firearm will point out your mistakes.

1 Like