Shreveport, La--Violent Crime Rate Up 112%

"SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) — In Shreveport, 2020 is shaping up to be one of the deadliest years in recent memory.

Nine months into the year and the city already has laid to rest 51 homicide victims, 27 more than recorded at the end of September 2019."

1 Like

Wow. Maybe I should plan on driving through there early in the morning…

2 Likes

The thing is @Fred_G, I was shot at on I-20 at approximately 7:30 A.M.

So morning or night…

You are in danger :grimacing:

Damn. Going to try to sneak through on the way to hunt doves in Texas soon. What is up with the crime there? Police cut backs, or just crazy people?

1 Like

Milwaukee has seen 141 homicides to date. Same time frame 2019, 70. Just yesterday 7 people were shot at a funeral.

1 Like

Wow, any idea why? I have my own thoughts, but curious on your take since I assume you live there.

1 Like

I live outside the city limits and try to avoid driving into shreveport unless absolutely necessary. We had to put up cameras all over our property because too many people cannot read a no trespassing sign…stuff stolen off the back porch…my guess is someone cleared out the jails for some weird reason…oh thats right Covid.

2 Likes

Yes, the mayor, who by the way has a bronze star, graduate Harvard Law…wants police reform.

He’s actually a “good” guy. He helped me in a situation one time. But now he’s running for Senate and he didn’t do well as mayor. That is generally speaking.

1 Like

“BREAKING: Bizarre theft tonight when an SFD ambulance is stolen from Ochsner-LSU. It was tracked by SFD. Shreveport police eventually blocked it in at Sunnybrook and Canal. Female suspect taken into custody. No one injured, medic unit 5 was not damaged.”

It is so sad to hear this.

I’m from Marshall; just 28 miles from you. We spent a lot of time in Shreveport when I was growing up.

My Father bought my first truck from Yokem Toyota. As a matter of fact, we bought just about ALL our vehicles there. Shreveport was good to us Texans and I will always love the city.

Our prayers are with you.

1 Like

@Reddic, It’s good to see the city, brethren on here.

You are right. Shreveport was good to me growing up as well. Highs and lows of course but that’s everywhere. I hope you and your family are safe during these unforeseen times.

Also, it’s weird because I usually go to Marshall for a vehicle. Pattersons Dodge, Crysler, Jeep, Ram is where I got my last jeep. However, Yokem Toyota is where I got my Toyota as well.

Do you know Terry Terrell? He’s the one who put me in the Toyota .

I do not know Terry. I haven’t been to Shreveport since 2012. :frowning:

1 Like