Sheriff's office: Alec Baldwin's 'prop firearm' kills one, injures another

Yep! even with blanks he would be blind if there was a negligent discharge.

Talking to him you find they are in their own little world with complicated procedures and responsibilities to “protect themselves”. I like our simplistic approach better. KISS

5 Likes

He is a lefty loon to be sure.

3 Likes

Meanwhile the Hutchins’ family hires law firm specializing in wrongful death lawsuits.

6 Likes

Also, consider the camera angle. From this angle, the “gun” could be on line with his head, but off set from it by a foot or more horizontally, hopefully with a plugged barrel.

2 Likes

4 Likes

The question for me is simple:

"If Hollywood is so dead set against “Gun Violence” (misnomer), then why do they continue to produce movies that depict said “Gun Violence?” (misnomer).

There should be absolutely no firearms displayed in any Hollywood movies anymore if they really are serious. But I digress, this is simply “Virtue Signaling” at its’ finest.

Stay safe out there.

6 Likes

But… money.

2 Likes

True, but you have to remember that, for the most part, “actors” are people that get paid large amounts of money to make believe they’re someone they’re not. Intelligence is not required, but the ability to follow director’s instructions, parrot lines and hit their “marks” on cue IS a requirement. Those who are better at this become successful. If a movie is really bad, they can always put in more nudity or blow up more stuff.

5 Likes

Now Baldwin is saying that police should be present on movie sets where guns are being used. This clueless clown keeps trying to deflect any responsibility away from himself. If they want to have their firearm training sessions with the actors and follow up safety meetings before each firearm event, that would be a start. Then have police around to arrest and charge any actor not following the protocol, I think they might be on the right track.

3 Likes

He is trying to move the target on who gets blamed. They already have someone assigned to this job. They didn’t do it.

3 Likes

This sounds like another blatant error in judgement by Baldwin. Oh you are a cop and carry a gun therefore you must be qualified to handle safety protocols on the set. Just like the brilliant idea of hiring the young woman as the sets armorer because her daddy was in the business. The producers choices in staff and safety protocols is where the true gross negligence lies here.

I’ll say it again, this is what happens when you allow clueless hoplophobes to take part in the gun safety rules and regulations process.

4 Likes

I’d step out and call it criminal negligence! I would say having real guns with live ammo anywhere near a set rises to the level of wanton.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Elsewhere in the universe…

I’ve always heard that blank ammo can kill people. That’s another reason you always, always, ALWAYS treat guns as if they’re loaded.

This whole story makes me sick. I feel so bad for all of these people, but especially for the dead camera lady and her family.

1 Like

What’s that got to do with the Alec Baldwin, who is anti-gun flat out murdered a person? He’s a hypocrite. Goes on Movies with guns, goes home and spends his millions, then goes on TV trying to tell us THE 2nd amendment believers “You need to hand over your guns” … Hate guns unless they make you wealthy in a movie" BS I say. MY opinion.

5 Likes

When I lived in Fort Collins, CO our Sheriff’s dept. held a “Citizens Academy” and we went through all of the training with the Sheriff’s dept. a 12 week course and I learned a lot of what a Cop does. We even had “bad guy, good guy” fake gun shoot outs (pellet) …And I had a scenario acted out before me and I had to make a choice, the fake guns did have pellets in them, (yes, probably shouldn’t) So, the scene was: you came upon 2 guys fighting, I make a huge mistake and thought 1 guy was going for his gun, I did not know who the bad guy was, the guy going for his gun, was an active (real Deputy) but was reaching for his badge inside his shirt, I did what I was taught at the training “hands up!!” he didn’t, he came upon me fast and I reacted. Who was in the wrong?

1 Like

Baldwin is always super critical of other peoples actions and never shy about sharing it with the world. The following article indicates the scene they were getting ready to shoot. He must have been impressing the crew with his knowledge of handling a firearm, even though the scene didn’t require it.

Attorney Gloria Allred held a press conference on Wednesday where she announced that the script supervisor on the Alec Baldwin movie “Rust,” Mamie Mitchell, is the latest crew member to file a lawsuit against the actor and producers.

Baldwin was handed a Colt revolver by assistant director Dave Halls while rehearsing a scene for the indie-western. He fired the gun, which was somehow loaded with a live round that discharged, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

Mitchell is claiming assault, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and deliberate infliction of harm in the lawsuit that also names armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, prop master Sarah Zachry and assistant producer Dave Halls.

Mitchell’s lawsuit claimed that Baldwin “intentionally, without just cause or excuse, cocked and fired a loaded gun” even though the upcoming scene “did not call for the cocking and firing of a firearm.” The lawsuit also claimed Baldwin pointed and fired the gun at Hutchins, Joel Souza and Mitchell even though that was against protocol.

2 Likes

The circus has started bring on the clowns!

1 Like

I noticd that this fell right out of the news cycle.

5 Likes