*Increases needed mental health resources
*Improves school safety and support for students
*Protects the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans
*Initiatives to support state crisis intervention orders
*Expanding mental health programs in schools
*Enhanced review process for gun buyers under the age of 21
*Penalties for straw purchases
*Additional funding for school resource officers
*Dangerous criminals and those who are adjudicated as mentally ill canā€™t purchase weapons

ā€œSenate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell issued a statement in support of the agreement later Sunday, saying he was ā€˜glad Senators Cornyn and Murphy are continuing to make headway in their discussions.ā€™ā€

3 Likes

Framework, someone is pulling my leg. We all ready have a framework, itā€™s called the penal code!
The only framework I believe in is the mental health resources.
What I didnā€™t see was parenting! Discipline!

7 Likes

Militias that oppose tyrants and murderers. I am keeping a positive frame of mind.

2 Likes

Youā€™re going to want to get rid of laws, not create new ones, if you want to see more of those

4 Likes

I never thought I would have to do anything except put the idea out there. Isnā€™t this something everyone wants. Well except for tyrants and murderers. Do you think it is something doable. Is it something we should encourage our legislators to work towards. I think they are tired of people telling them they want them to stop gun violence when they know they canā€™t.

2 Likes

What do you mean by ā€œthisā€? Be specific, please.

4 Likes

To stop tyranny and murder. I figure the best way to do it is to start a militia because it is our constitutional right and would be fitting in more with the constitution. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Iā€™m just kind of wondering how you got from saying that letting the government use a process you donā€™t understand to take away peopleā€™s Rights without due process to saying we need strong We The People militias to stop tyranny.

Because it kind of sounds like the ā€œsafety agreementā€ you were supporting to start this thread is in the direction of tyranny, and not the other way around.

Does that make sense?

5 Likes

Maybe not just one but start small ones all over. I really donā€™t know the logistics but your questions give me incentive. Maybe I should start a new thread.

2 Likes

Do you think there is a chance that starting a militia with the stated purpose to be stopping tyranny might result in being deemed unsafe or unresponsible by we-donā€™t-know-who through we-donā€™t-know-what process?

6 Likes

Oh well maybe someone will pick the ball up. I am starting to loose interest or come back to it later when Iā€™ve had more time to think about it.

2 Likes

You think we gunowners dodged the bullet ? < rimshot >

4 Likes

I am not going to touch the rest of the bullet points. What do these 2 mean? Affirmation of mental disorders by medical professionalsā€¦ Safe space for certain groups of students from policeā€¦
I read something little David Hogg said today, so I have sour outlook on the intentiins vs results.

3 Likes

A few comments on the supposed ā€œSafe Actā€. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I have given :+1:t4: to all the comments or opinions shared here rather I agree or disagree. Reason being, everyone has an opinion and I respect others opinions. Now for my opinion if I can, one can join the service and give their life for our country at the age of 17 - 18 and once the joined, they are able to even drink alcohol at this age, carry weapons to defend our country but just because they have not joined any branch of service, they can not own a weapon to protect self and/or family?

As for red flags laws; just because someone is upset or angry with you they can say you are a danger to self or others? If a LEO claim you are a danger to self or others? Your right to protect self, family and others are gone.

I know of no criminals which cares about or obey any laws less alone gun laws.

I feel if any lawful person knowingly cross the line of protecting and disregard the law, they choose to become a criminal at that time and should be treated as such no matter the age.

14 Likes

Indeed! We will have to see what they flesh out as they put the framework into legislative wording.

3 Likes

You donā€™t think Red Flag Laws are an infringement?

6 Likes

Just on the Red Flag law aspect of the proposal it would be a violation of not only the 2nd amendment but also the 4th and 6th. Where the 4th demands that a person be SECURE in his person against UNWARRANTED search and SEIZURE. The 6th amendment which GRANTUTEES that a person has the RIGHT to face his ACCUSORS. There are infringements of other parts of the bill of rights but those are the most glaring.

Next, a person under 21 is old enough to decide how to vote and serve this Country in itsā€™ military but should not have the same rights as other adults when it comes to guns? So now if one member of a group commits a crime all members of that group should be held accountable? This is an absurd infringement on an adultsā€™ right to keep and bear arms.

7 Likes

Something I want to add here and that is please take a minute or two and email and\or call your stateā€™s Senators. The more they feel the publicā€™s opposition to this and other attempts to infringe upon our rights the less likely they are to move forward with these measures.

6 Likes

Sorry buddy, I believe that ship has sailed.

What else do you have?

1 Like